There were many beautiful girls in the Lan family. Lan Yanwen didn’t think that a girl, who had been away from the Lan family for years, was important.

“Minister of Public Works, this way please.” Qing Zhu walked out of the room and respectfully invited the guests.

Lan Yanwen threw his sleeves and walked in gracefully. Behind him, Lan Yuyan followed him with the help of a maidservant. What kind of lady was Lan Luo? The main branch asked the most famous male cousin to take a look at her.

The room was unusually elegant. The lake-colored gauze curtain was lifted high, revealing a bead curtain. Although it was not gorgeous, it added a little coolness to the bustling palace. The window curtain made of green gauze was blown up by the wind and then slowly fell down, making it look a little colder.

Mo Xuetong had grown quickly these past few days. Her eyes grew clearer and prettier. She stood there in a fearful manner. Her black hair was tied into a bun which looked as if it was about to fall, which made her even more charming; she was extremely beautiful and her black lashes were as long as a brush; her nose wings were small and her lips were pink and as tender as honey. She looked like a blooming white lotus; her eyes were filled with water, giving off an indescribable beauty.

She looked kind of pure and kind of charming. These two qualities strangely blended together to form a fascinating charm!

Such a beauty was so delicate and attractive. When they looked into each other’s eyes, Lan Yanwen only felt that all the blood in his body seemed to have been sucked away in an instant. After a pause of his breath, the blood immediately flowed into his heart. For a moment, his mind was blank, and his body suddenly became unusually hot.

“Are you Sister Lan Luo?” Lan Yuyan sized up Mo Xuetong carefully. A hint of astonishment flashed across her eyes, but then turned into enmity. She would never have thought that a girl of the distant branch of the Lan family, who had been away from the family, would be able to grow up to be such a fairy-like lady. She was alarmed.

They both came to compete for the position of the consort in the East Palace. The meaning behind this was enough to make Lan Yuyan jealous.

“Excuse me, who are you?” Mo Xuetong looked at the people in front of her indifferently. She did not want to have too much contact with the Lan family. The more she interacted with them, the easier it would be for her, a fake Lan Luo, to be discovered.

“Sister Lan Luo, this is Cousin Lan Yanwen from the main branch of the Lan family. I am your cousin, Lan Yuyan. When we came to the palace that day, I wanted to chat with you.” Lan Yuyan hid the hostility in her eyes and went forward to hold Mo Xuetong’s hand as she said warmly.

Mo Xuetong took two steps back calmly. There was a hint of wariness and coldness in her bright eyes as a faint smile appeared on her lips, but this smile seemed distant. “Minister of Public Works, Miss Lan, it is rare for you two to come today. I should have made tea for you. However, I have no good tea. Hence, I might as well not embarrass myself.”

These ladies, who had come to the palace to join in the Beauty Contest, had not yet become the Crown Prince’s consort, so the private items they used were brought in the palace by themselves. Given Mo Xuetong’s new identity, she really had no good tea, but she definitely had tea. It was said that her uncle, who was a business, loved her very much. One could tell from the fact that she was in poor health but had never used inferior medical herbs.

In fact, Mo Xuetong was asking them to leave in disguise!

The smile on Lan Yuyan’s bright face immediately stiffened. She did not expect Mo Xuetong not to know how to appreciate kindness. When people of the main branch came, every branch of the Lan family would fawn on them. If they could get involved with them, everyone would try their best to climb up. Just like that year, in order to send Lan Yuyan to enter the main branch, her parents had put in a lot of effort.