"You forgot something Mr Enfield." He extended his arms to point and Enfield's luggage sitting outside on the ground.

Enfield let out a defeated sigh and stormed out of the vehicle, picking up his belongings. Climbing back in, after giving his things to the driver, he found Jekyll next to Utterson. Smiling and sharing a book with him. He stared daggers at Jekyll, but that threatening glance didn't have any effect on his opponent. Enfield sulked in his seat, he was slouched and was obnoxiously manspreading. Not only will he be admitted to a mental asylum but now the three hour journey would be spent alone. This was not what he wanted, to be ridiculed and disrespected, and now to be seen as a madman was utterly humiliating, he was not crazy, he was not, I am not crazy, but why does everyone think I am, I was doing it for love, and yet Utterson sees my love as an illness! It is not, I don't need help, he needs help realising that this is perfectly sane behaviour. Listen to those two laughing, that bastard Jekyll subtly placing his hand on Gabriel's shoulder and leaning closer to him, the way he looks at him, infuriates me. How dare he lay his nasty paws on my angel, if Gabriel wasn't here I would've probably lashed out. But I'm trying to prove to everyone that I'm mentally stable as now if I ever dare to get angry or raise my voice they would label my actions as an other psychotic episode. We now have two hours left of our journey. I'm now savouring every moment as a free man, and yet I still haven't spent this precious time with Gabriel. I must do something. They think I'm mad? Let them.

Enfield placed his hands on his forehead and positioned himself in an upward fetal position, his feet where on the seat and his back was placed against the wall. He started rocking back and fourth and pretended he was shaking.

The two men a cross from him noticed his behaviour.

"Enfield what's the matter?" Utterson asked worriedly.

Enfield forced tears out of his eyes, trying to keep in his laughter.

Utterson got up from his seat and sat next to the "distressed" man.

"Mr Enfield, please tell me."

"T-The voices" he acted

"The voices?"

Poor Mr Utterson looked extremely anxious and troubled for his friend.

"T-They a-are telling me the Dr Jekyll is a clown and he's going to hurt you."

Jekylls face dropped into a frown. Jekyll felt empathy towards him before this comment.

"Don't worry he isn't going to hurt me"

Enfield changed his position. This time he was sitting himself on the seat but pressed his elbows on his knees to support his head.

"Do you promise?"

"Yes"

Enfield started falsely sobbing. Utterson crouched before him to try and calm him down, he placed his hands on his knees.

This is going better than I expected.

"Look at me Mr Enfield"

The actor did as he was told.

"It's going to be fine don't-"

A sudden jog of the carriages triggered Utterson's head to hit Enfield's crotch.

Enfield was a blushing mess contrasting the doctor who possessed shock and terror in his eyes. Utterson swiftly got up and dusted himself off, his sight set on the ground trying to hide his embarrassment. He cleared his throat and continued his sentence.

"As I was saying...you don't-"

The carriage violently shook once more, this time Utterson found himself laying on top of his childhood friend, his knee was positioned between Enfield thighs and both of his hands pressed against the wall trapping Enfield underneath him. Enfield gave Utterson the most infatuated look. His mouth was stuck in a grin whilst his half lidded eyes stared at his.

Utterson once again swiftly composed himself and sat next to Enfield looking the other direction.

Jekyll was unhappy with the new seating plan.

"Mr Utterson, you've changed seats..."

"Ah yes, please forgive me, I believe Mr Enfield needs my assistance...oh...and can the both of you forget what just happened."

"Yes...of course don't worry" Jekyll gave him a sincere smile.

Enfield slid next to Utterson, embracing him sideways.

"I will try to forget...thank you for your help Gabriel your kindness calmed me"

"I'm glad I could be of service"

Jekyll rolled his eyes muttering a couple of angry words.

Enfield moved even closer towards his friend, both bodies were practically touching. Gabriel's gazed at him.

"What is it?"

"...you smell nice" Enfield's hand traveled down Enfield's arm.

"Must I remind you again about boundaries"

"No! I'm sorry" he retracted his arm away from the smaller man and leaned his head on the back of his seat, slouching.

Great, now that I'm finally sitting next to him, I'm not even allowed to touch him! What have I done to deserve this.

The remaining two hours went by quickly, the three men decided to take a nap. The carriage stopped, jolting them awake.

"We're here!" Informed the driver.

♧︎♧︎♧︎