Chapter eleven

DIG IN

The two men approached the dining room, the buzz of cheerful people could be heard clearer as they got closer and the fragrant smell of food travelled its way up their nostrils.

"Utterson could you please sit next to me?" Enfield asked

"No, I'm afraid that won't fit in with seating plan" Jekyll spoke as he walked out the dining room "he will be sitting next to me"

Enfield's and Utterson's head snapped towards the poised man before them. He carried an air of intimidating dominance yet it didn't stray away from his true elegant nature. Enfield grabbed Utterson's arm and pushed him closer to himself, there was no way he would let his rival take Utterson away from him.

"I refuse" Enfield growled

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I refuse" Enfield's tone grew louder tightening his grip around the small man.

"I apologise sir, however you seem to forget that this is my dinner party, that's taking place at my house so you should pay a little more respect towards me and adhere to my wishes."

"Excuse me, what seems to be the problem here?" Lanyon chimed in the conversation

"We're having lovely conversation on how people "refuse" to follow the seating plan"explained Jekyll sarcastically

"Oh well in that case, I've saved a seat for Mr Utterson"

"Not you too" jekylls replied exasperated

"He's not sitting next to you or you, he's sitting next to me and that's-"

"Not going to happen!"

"Your two can't just change the seating plan, it's my party!"

"That doesn't mean anything"

"Yeah exactly!"

"This is utter nonsense-"

"ENOUGH!"

The three men shocked at the sudden disturbance turned their heads in unison.

"I not sitting next to anyone, do you all understand!?"

"But the seating-"

Utterson stormed off before Jekyll could finish his sentence entering the dining room finding a seat on the other side of the table, he sat down patiently waiting for the host to arrive and started mingling the people beside him.

Meanwhile, outside, the three men glared at the each other with disdain everyone of them discontent at the outcome.

"It's all your fault, it's always your fault"

"Let's not play the blaming game now, it was all our fault" Lanyon replied

"I haven't got time for this, my guests are waiting for me"  Jekyll left the two behind and entered the dining room, the two followed shortly after.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, I hate being late I truly do, yet I seem to be so good at it"

The laughter of people came after. Jekyll's charisma was truly charming, he was so effortlessly amusing and dashing it was to no wonder why he was so popular, many women have tried to court him yet to their dismay he never seemed to reciprocate their feelings...

"Well I shan't keep you waiting any longer, please dig in"

-Time skip-