Not What You Expect

Once all the appropriate forms and certificates were signed both Jayne and Ricky looked expectantly across the desk at the plump man.

"So are we married now?" Ricky asked.

"Yes." the man nodded.

He'd barely finished the short word by the time Ricky had grabbed his new wife around her skinny waist and kissed her. Perhaps a little too passionately, especially considering they were just in a small office of a council building. Jayne didn't seem bothered about it either however and she dropped her bunch of roses on the floor and ran her fingers through his hair.

The man at the desk coughed to bring them back to their senses. They pulled apart muttering apologises.

Jayne's friends had to return to their family gathering which left the newly weds alone together. They were having lunch in a cosy corner of a pub when Ricky suddenly remembered something.

"We did't get a chance to exchange rings." he said as he rummaged in his jacket pocket.

"That's kind of important." Jayne smiled and put her knife and fork down.

He put two rings on the table and quickly tucked something back in his pocket and blushed a little. "I nearly put something else on the table!" he laughed.

"Was it something we'll use later?" she smiled. He nodded in reply.

"This one looks your size, Miss Skinny Fingers." he said, picking up the smaller of the two almost identical plain bands.

"It's Mrs Skinny Fingers now!" she grinned.

"My Mrs." he grinned and took her left hand and slid the ring onto her finger. "It's an honour my love."

"Well, I can't be as romantic as you!" she laughed as she put the other ring on his finger.

"This isn't really a romantic place though is it." he laughed.

After their lunch they went for a walk by the river. They held hands and grinned blissfully as they walked.

"I don't know what I expected but this isn't how I expected our first day of being married." Jayne said.

"Sorry." Ricky apologised.

"No no darling, it's not you." she said, giving his arm a reassuring pat. "I suppose I expected to feel different once I got married. I think I watch too many Richard Curtis films."

"His films are the only soppy rom coms you watch." he chuckled. "I know what you mean though. Too many people make love seem all twinkly and pretty. I still love you just as much today as I did last week, last year or when we met and I don't think that's going to change wether or not your last name is Wilson."

"I think I have to fill out more forms to do that." she shrugged.

"Ah yes! Plenty more of those!" he laughed.

"You don't have to answer this honestly." she said.

"Oh dear, this has suddenly got serious!" he laughed awkwardly.

"It's not too serious. Did you have a moment like some people where they know they've met 'the one'? I didn't and I don't know if that's normal." she said, sounding a little worried.

He scratched his head and thought for a moment. "Not really, no. After the accident was pretty emotional though. I was scared I was going to lose you but then as time went on I thought I could see us growing old together."

"Aww! That's so cute!" she grinned. "At first I thought you were annoying."

"Oh I know! You very politely told me to piss off!" he laughed.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" she cringed. "But now I can't get enough of you. I can't even think about not loving you."

"I love you so much my wife." he sighed and put a finger under her chin to tilt her head up a little.

"I love you too my husband." she grinned.

They were about to kiss when a car horn blared at them.

"Get outta the road yer daft feckers!" the driver shouted at them.

"Sorry!" They both called and scurried out of the way.

"I didn't even realise we were on a road!" Jayne laughed. "Shall we go back to the safety of the hotel?"

"Yes!" Ricky said firmly and lead her firmly by the hand.

"You're eager!" she giggled.

"Do you blame me? I want to get into my wife's knickers!" he shrugged.

"Shh, there's kids around!" she laughed. "I like it when you're cheeky though!"

They almost ran back to the hotel, giggling mischievously all the way. Once in the lift they started kissing like crazy teenagers. Ricky pushed Jayne up again the mirrored wall and attacked her neck. She had one hand in his hair and the other down the back of his trousers.

All too suddenly the doors opened behind them.

"That was far too quick." he grumbled and turned around to lead her out of the lift.

To their horror a family with two small children stood there looking stunned, disturbed and disgusted.

"We'll get the next one." the mother muttered.

The doors closed again as Ricky jabbed the button for their floor manically. Jayne covered her face in her hands and slid to the floor giggling.

"You look ridiculous!" she laughed. "There's lipstick all over your face!"

"Oh bloody hell!" he grumbled. He rubbed his face furiously with his shirt sleeve in the mirror.