Chapter 25: Save the Date

Pairings: Aaron Hotchner x fem!Reader

Characters: Aaron Hotchner, Penelope Garcia, Emily Prentiss, Jennifer "JJ" Jareau, David Rossi, Derek Morgan, Spencer Reid, Liz Hotchner (OC-ish), Jack Hotchner

Words: 2.1K

Summary: Honestly I'm just gonna say wedding cause I don't have a proper summary in me

Warnings: A whole bucket load of fluff that's what

A/N: Oh my goodness you guys, I can't believe this is finally over. For those of you who have been on this journey since the beginning, I really thank you all for sticking around and for the people yet to come, thank you for taking the time to read through all 25 chapters of this! This is the longest work I've ever published and I'm so happy you all get to be a part of this milestone!

--

"Mmmm Penelope, why'd you wake me up so early," you groaned, putting your pillow over your head and sinking further into your blanket.

"(Y/N), come on, it's your wedding day! You're getting married!" Penelope grinned. "And JJ's gonna be here soon too,"

"And look what just came at the door," Emily added, walking into the room with a large vase filled with flowers along with a card.

You finally sat upright in your bed and sighed, already knowing who the red snapdragons were from.

"He's so cheesy," you mumbled and took the card. "But it's only been one night and I miss him like hell,"

"You'll see him soon enough, don't worry about it," Emily patted your back.

You opened the card and read out the message to the girls.

"To the beautiful bride on her wedding day. We love you so much and can't wait to see you. Love, your little federal agent and your even littler dinosaur lover,"

"Oh my God did he actually write that?" Penelope asked and you handed her the card to prove it while you went to go take a shower.

"We'll make you something to eat and then we can head over to the venue and get ready,"

JJ ended up joining you all for breakfast and once you made it to the venue you tried to sneak off and see Aaron quickly before you put on your dress, but that didn't seem to work considering there were three federal agents and his mother on your case.

Maria stayed with you while you were getting ready and Sophia decided she was best placed where she could yell at people for not getting stuff done on time.

You didn't understand how such an important day could pass by in such a whirlwind, you didn't even remember walking down the aisle, but when you were finally in front of Aaron, everything slowed down. It was just the two of you.

And you didn't need to pay much attention to the ceremony because you already knew the promise you were making, you already knew deep down that you were in it from the beginning.

"I believe Aaron and (Y/N) have both prepared their own vows?" the officiant said and you nodded.

Aaron would go first and you would go second.

"(Y/N), I told you the day we got engaged that at some point I'd give you that whole speech. I figured what better time than right now,"

He took your hands in his and took a deep breath.

"(Y/N), somehow, by some sort of fate we met each other in school. I can't tell you how many people I've passed in those halls and can't remember their names, but you're not one of them. Even though we kind of hated each other at first, it turns out we had a lot in common and you became one of my closest friends. And over the years we lost each other, but there was always a place in my heart for you. And it only grew as time went on. So after everything that's happened, there's no one I'd rather have by my side for the rest of my life,"