Chapter 15: Come Back and Haunt Me

Pairings: Aaron Hotchner x fem!Reader

Characters: Aaron Hotchner, David Rossi

Words: 2.7K

Chapter Summary: Aaron helps you get settled back in your home after being released from the hospital

Warnings: sadness, after-effects of a flashback, discussion of trauma, mentions of blood, mentions of assault

--

A few days later the doctors had cleared you to go home and now you stood on your patio, rummaging around for your keys as Aaron's phone rang.

"Sorry, it's the team, I have to take this," he apologized.

"It's okay, go ahead, might take me a minute to find these damn keys anyways," you sighed after pulling off the paper on the door that declared it a crime scene.

"Hotchner," he answered after picking up the device.

You could faintly hear Rossi's voice on the other end of the line, saying something about making it back to Quantico and someone named Strauss wanting to speak with him when he came back.

"She's alright with me taking time off though?" he asked. "I was already on thin ice with her,"

"I think it's good you're there," Rossi said. "It'll give her time to cool off and plus everyone's always nagging at you to get out of the office, it'll be fine,"

"You sure?"

"Positive," he assured. "I have everyone taking care of the paperwork now so there won't be too much for you to do when you get back,"

You had finally found your keys and put them into the door and unlocked it, allowing both you and Aaron to step over the threshold.

"Thanks, Dave, I appreciate it,"

"(Y/N), how's she doing?" he asked.

"She's holding up well," Aaron nodded, looking over at you now, you had since walked over to the couch and placed your purse and keys on the coffee table.

"Good, call if you need anything, okay?"

"Will do,"

There was a click again and the line cut off on both sides as Hotch slipped his phone back into his pocket.

"Feel any good to be back?" he asked and you immediately shook your head.

"I'm already running through my mind how hard it would be to move," you confessed.

"Out of the house or,"

"Out of town," you filled in the blank, sitting on the couch and sifting through the mail that had been left on the table in front of you.

"You know," Aaron started, making his way towards you and taking a seat at the opposite end of the couch. "If you wanted to come to the city with me you could. I have a spare room in my apartment and I could call around, see if I can find you some work,"

"Like what? I don't suppose they have lawyers at the FBI?" you joked, knowing full well they probably had an army of lawyers they worked with.

"How else are they going to move their political agenda and keep me in check,"

"You?" you asked with an astounded look on your face.

"Yeah, I'm not a fan favourite with the higher-ups,"

"Never would have guessed that one, you were a type-A suck-up in high school," you said quite bluntly. "But... about that offer,"

"I mean it," he confirmed. "If that's what you want,"