Chapter 15: Masks

Comincia dall'inizio

Kidou made his way t the centre of the pitch, his potent voice said: I am the second coach, which means, every order I give you must be followed. With that been said, your next opponent, Raimon is Gassan Kumitsu. Therefore, and i must repeat myself to make it crystal clear, ANY ORDER I GIVE YOU MUST BE FOLLOWED AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU QUESTION IT. 

      Practiced flew by, it as then when Takuto and Tsurugi eyed each other. They were both confused.

"A real keshin?" The elder one asked while putting on his shirt.

"I am not sure of it myself, I have seen nothing like that before, captain." He answered staring into nothingness. Lancelot didn't behave like that, he couldn't speak to him in real life, he was like a ghost: untouchable. Was it possible to have such power?

The question stayed unanswered. Automatically, without even thinking, the naive blue haired striker made his way to the hospital and mechanically opened the door to Yuichi's room.

"You need to win the next match!" He exclaimed with a happy voice and a calmed expression. Kyousuke nod, answering the excitement with a curt smile, which gained him a short laugh from is brother.

"I bet, we can manage as much." The conversation changed and they ended up talking about the younger version of Kidou, the player who made Raimon reach the top with his quick thinking and problem solving abilities. To have him as a coach was going to be interesting, or so was what the brothers thought.

      His hair was messy due to the cold breeze hitting him, his head rested on top of his knees as cold metallic orbs stared at the surface of the river.

"I've missed you, you have no idea how much I've been suffering." The kid said out loud. A pair of arms hugged him from his back, solid white and red muscular arms. 

They both knew Tenma is trying his best to continue and let go of the past. jack has played a role in this. It was a ghost, a powerful ghost living inside of Tenma's mind, chaining his Keshing and making the lkid believe he was nothing more than trash.

"Everything will turn out somehow." Pegasus's words echoed in Tenma's mind. Somehow they have always been true.

      A week later, they were standing in front of the train that would transport them to the stadium they were going to be playing on. Of course, it was a huge surprise when they found out a certain someone would be their enemy. Minamisawa was part of Kumitsu.

Takuto couldn't understand how someone could make such a mistake, all they have been fighting together, playing together, hanging together... to be returned like this? That same thought was hared by everyone. Did Minamisawa change that much he had succumbed to Fifth Sector? If that was the chase, what was he offered?

The trained moved, soon, they were ready to start the game in the Cyclone Stadium. Tenma eyed in awe the wind turbines, this would be a match to remember.

The whistle blew, i was then when Minamisawa kneeled on the floor as the rest of the team copied him. In front of their eyes, three cyclones stopped the way. They were moving around in the centre of the pitch, right after Kumitsu did the kick-off. Been protected by the wind, they run, going through Raimon's defence. The cyclones were immense and such was their force that bits of dust could damage your eyes, the defence was unresponsive to the situation. Even though Kirino was in charge of it, Kariya did what he pleased, leaving a free spot for Minamisawa, who, within seconds, performed his shot. "Sonic Shoot!"

Sangoku was quick enough, he remembered Minamisawa's force, how could he not after so many years playing together? Fence of Gaia protected Raimon's goal. He passed it over to Shindou who saw as the left side remained unprotected and managed to send it to Tenma. problem was, that as he got the ball, above him the turbines started working: a tornado. But this was our midfielder we are talking about, a wind like no other.

"Soyokaze step!" he passed the tornado, as of it was a mere player. Kira a was the nearest player to the goal. The gigantic snake was stopped without much trouble by 'Giantic, God of Giants.' of course the goalkeeper would be a Keshin user. 

"Second formation!" The captain from the other teamed yelled after a tiny midfielder quicker the ball into one of the new cyclones. They stayed in their place, unmoving. The cyclone disappeared into thin air and they lost the ball as Shindou was the one to recover it. 'Fortissimo' needed up in the goalkeeper's hands, it was strange they had let them reach their goal.

It was then, as Kumitsu attacked, that Kariya and Kirino got themselves into one of their stupid fights. The defence was breaking, just because Kariya had decided that Kirino's reactions were priceless. Minamisawa shot with his technique to a tornado, which changed the trajectory o the shot, Sangoku couldn't save the goal this time. He was way too slow. 1-0.

Kariya smiled, a broken smile only Tenma noticed, yet, Kirino though he was laughing. He thought Kariya was entertaining himself with the goal they have received. 

"What do you think you are doing? Why didn't you act when I told you to?" The pink one asked, loosing his patience quite rapidly. "Most important of all, why do you have such a grin? Are you happy we are loosing?"

"And so? What if I am?" 

The game resumed, Kariya thought it would be funny to tell Kirino part of the truth. He wanted to see the expression the pink one would make if he knew who had sent him to Raimon. That would be so fun. He will tell Kirino he was, indeed, a SEED.

-Tenma's PoV.-

      I could tell the team was breaking, bit by bit, all caused by Kariya. I knew Kumitsu was getting more violent, they were more confident as they saw how our defence was been torn apart. 

I received the ball as a giant cyclone formed. I tried to perform 'Soyokaze step' once again, to no avail, this time I couldn't get pass it. 'Useless, that's what you are, pathetic.' the infamous voice sang into my ears. I stopped on my tracks, the shouts of my teammates begging for help to protect the goal seemed to be too far to recognise. I knew they were struggling with three tornados at the time, but I had no force to move. 'USELESS' the voice overpowered Pegasus, who was trying to help. I missed as Kai, the tiny midfielder kicked the ball into one of them.

-Third's PoV.-

      Minamisawa recovered the ball, Kariya arrived in time to make a shift and steal it from him. Right then, the whistle blew. Time was up and the firsts half reached it's end. Tenma decided it was time to exchange a few words with the younger boy.

"I saw what you did. Do you find it funny to break Raimon?" Kariya stared at the brunet, for once, without meaning to interrupt. "I, am playing for what I believe it's true: for free soccer, for the one I miss dearly. You are no one to prevent me from reaching my goal."

"I do find it funny." He answered, his voice above the whisper. "I just want to enjoy, I like his behaviour." He motioned his head towards Kirino, who was on the bench, dead tired. "I like how he lets himself go with such facility, I would like to be like him again, you know?" And Tenma knew, very well what the other meant, yet, that in no way to play.

"In the process you are making Raimon pay for the consequences, that i won't tolerate any longer." He stared into the other's eyes. "I am sorry for you. I know what you are, but not who has sent you or what is your misssion, do respect Kirino-sempai or else, I will send Pegasus to you. I need this team to work as one, now that you are officially part of it, I need you to cooperate." Tenma said coldly never cutting eye contact until Kariya nod carefully. 

The boy was a strange human been, Kariya decided.