Chapter 17: The End of All Things

Start from the beginning

Lord Mirage: Your transformation was unexpected, I will admit…

*Mirage leans in towards Lodestar, mere inches from her face.*

Lord Mirage: But it only will prolong the inevitable.

*Mirage uses his superior size to shove Lodestar back, attempting to take a swing at her with his scythe. Lodestar quickly ducks the attack and takes a swing of her own at Mirage. Mirage, however, catches her wrist and tosses her through the door she had come through, causing the door to fly off the wall. Lodestar began to hoist herself up as Mirage began walking towards her.*

Lord Mirage: The power you possess is immaculate…

*Mirage grabbed her by the back of her neck & once again sent her flying, this time into the wall. A massive dent in the ship was left from the impact as she slid to a seat position.*

Lord Mirage: But what is power in the hands of someone who does not know how to use it?

*Lodestar heaved herself to her feet and ran at Mirage, taking another swing at the Lord. Mirage sidestepped each slash and hack from the smaller swordswoman. As she raised the sword above her head, Mirage quickly struck her in the chest with the butt of his staff. The blow sent Lodestar flying through yet another pair of doors, this time into a control room. Various Extinction soldiers looked at her in surprise, unsure of how to even react… until Mirage stepped through the doorway, shaking each of the soldiers to their core.*

Lord Mirage: Ensure the ship stays on course… I will deal with this intruder myself.

*The soldiers were quick to return to their work, not daring to question or defy their Dark Lord. Mirage returned his attention to Lodestar, who had used this distraction to hoist herself back up. Mirage stepped towards her, gripping her around the neck.*

Lord Mirage: You were foolish to come alone, Luminous. Now you pay for your arroga-

*Before Mirage could finish, Lodestar quickly ripped a wire from the control panel and shoved it into his eye. A wave of electricity combined with the sharp wire caused Mirage to release his vise on her neck & let out a snarl of pain. Lodestar was quick to catch her breath and snatched a gun from a nearby Extinction soldier. The soldier, seeing the amount of glowing lights coming from this smaller woman, decided he would rather continue guiding the ship rather than intervene in this fight. As he returns to his work, Lodestar begins to open fire on Mirage. Mirage quickly took cover behind a tower of tech as Lodestar’s bullets bounced around the enclosed room, taking out various of the Extinction soldiers and even piercing the ship itself. Once her clip had run dry, Lodestar tossed the gun aside and ran to where Mirage had taken shelter and sliced the tower clean in half with her sword. The tower collapsed only to reveal that Mirage… had vanished. Before she could even process what had happened, several bullets flew by her head. She turned to see some surviving Extinction soldiers opening fire on her and Mirage fled to the next room in hopes of regrouping. Lodestar, clearly tired of this shit, charged towards the soldiers and skewered all but one onto her claymore. She kicked their bodies from her blade and looked to the last soldier, who had already begun running in the completely opposite direction.*

Lodestar: That’s what I fuckin’ thought.

*Lodestar kicked down the door Mirage had gone through, revealing a whole other control room but this time the soldiers were already at attention and began to unload bullets at her. Quick as a cat, Lodestar dropped down and slashed at the legs of the guards and caused them to fall into the others behind them. The resulting domino effect caused Lodestar to chuckle.*