Chapter Ten - Visions

I posted a blog on wordpress about Lohikäärme. It wasn't very good, but I just wanted you to know. ;) Oh, and if ever you want to see the post, just click the external link. :))

I might not be able to post the next chapter next weekend 'cause I have to make a five-minute video as a project in school--to be passed this Friday. But I'll try to post an update. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Ten - Visions

          I couldn't move a muscle for a moment. Dante was gone, but he was here less than a second ago. How did he leave? And why did he need to leave when Remekiah showed up in the room?

          "Safia?" Remekiah hissed.

          "He was here less than a second ago," I voiced out, eyes still scanning the room in hopes of finding Dante hidden somewhere. To make things clear, I wasn't talking to him. I was just voicing my thoughts out.

          His tail pounded on the ground, trying to catch my attention. "Safia!" he yelled. "Listen to me!"

          But I was still doing what my heart told me to, searching for Dante, so I couldn't listen to Remekiah yet. Besides, I was supposed to be mad at him, so I shouldn't talk to him yet.

          "Safia, stop being a baby!" he yelled again, his tail pounding on the ground again.

          "Stop it!" I told him, making him stop what he was doing. "Remekiah," I called, grabbing him in the process. "tell me, why did he leave when you appeared in the room?" My grip tightened as I shook him up and down to get answers. "Answer me! Why did you need to wrap yourself around me and tighten your hold every time Xamira tries to convince me to help them?" When he didn't answer, I shook his little body harder. "You know something, Remekiah! Why won't you tell me?"

          "Safia, will you just listen to me?" he yelled back.

          "What!" I asked, my eyes widening, wanting to know what he would say as soon as possible.

          He took a deep breath. "I saw..."

          "Saw what?" I asked, hoping it was Dante.

          He closed his eyes and said, "Promise you'll believe what I'll tell you."

          I furrowed my eyebrows. "Promise?" I asked. "Remekiah, just tell me what it is!"

          "Promise me, Safia!" he replied. "And stop choking me, you're killing me."

          I let go of him, shaking my head as I saw Remekiah land on the ground and crawl up the bed. "Fine, I promise," I said. "Now, tell me, what did you see? What does it have to do with me?"

          He was lying on the bed, trying to relax. "I saw her talking to herself, Safia. I saw Koshka asking herself what she could do to help you." Before I could ask him what he meant, he continued, "I heard her say something about the magisters. It's like... like she heard them say something about you."

          I shook my head. No, I told myself. Kosh wouldn't do that. Kosh wouldn't keep a secret from me.

          "You promised me you'll believe what I say," he reminded me.

          I didn't know if Remekiah was telling the truth or not, but I knew for a fact that Kosh was my best friend, and she would do everything she could to protect me, because I would do everything to protect her, too. On the other hand, I still didn't know if I could trust Remekiah. He had been doing strange things lately, and every time I asked him to explain, he would just slither out of the conversation.