twenty + no calls

pure interaction
in personal
between
them

"avengers? seriously, you like it too?", was the first thing jake said when he saw what was playing in the tv.

"why not if i have a crush on peter parker?", y/n mumbled, nervously making her way towards the couch.

"you have a crush on someone who's a fictional", jake commented and walked to the other end of the couch for which y/n was grateful for.

she wouldn't know how to function if he sat close to her.

"that's better than crushing on a real person who usually don't like you back", y/n smiled softly, eyes back on the tv but jake was looking at her.

"what about having a crush on someone you met in a wrong number? I'm that person", jake grinned, trying to get a reaction out of her.

And he did get it when y/n can't even look at him without faltering from under his gaze.

she was a nervous wreck and he found it cuter than sunoo. to save her from any embarassment, jake announced he was hungry and found his way towards the kitchen.

y/n let out a deep breath, not understanding why jake is as flirty in personal as he was through calls. though she liked it, it was kind of difficult for her heart.

"why are you acting like you're at home here?", she could not help but ask, her chin plopped on the back of the couch as she watched jake walk around the kitchen.

jake found a pack of chips and turned towards her, "because everybody adores me, i think?"

y/n rolled her eyes, but smiled anyways, "your fans would say the same"

jake grinned at her smile, "well, to be honest, i'm so nervous, but being casual and just being my usual self is the only escape route to not make it this awkward. after all, i want you be comfortable with me in this kind of situation"

y/n thought about that as well. yes, she is nervous around jake to be in here, in her sense of privacy inside their dorm. what if her co-trainees went home early from their visit to their parents?

but watching jake go around the kitchen, seeing him smiling and comparing some of their foods to what he have in their dorm seems natural.

she could get used to this.

"if jay will be here, the first thing he would suggest is to cook steak and do you want me to bring food in there?"

"that's why i'm depending on you now to deliver me food, peasant", she shrugged coolly, taking a chip from the bowl that jake prepared.

"and here is the sassy y/n i was waiting to come out in person", jake joked, making her laugh.

and that laugh was everything to jake.

he had heard her laugh before from their calls but hearing it from her in person was much, much better. the way her eyes crinkled at the edge, the tone of her laugh is quite loud but cherry and was kind of beautiful and magical in his opinion.

"what? why are you staring?", y/n asked, a little bit unconscious.

jake smiled a little, "because you're beautiful, more beautiful when you smiled"

y/n blushed but scoffed, "you did not just flirt with me again!"

jake shrugged, "i can't help it, like you made me wait for long to do it in person"

"is that why you keep wandering to our area?", y/n asked, fighting a laugh.

"i don't know how many times i have to lie at your producer -", jake stopped when he saw y/n is dying now in laughter. probably been a witness to him being nervous to miss min heejin.

he finally sighed, "i can't possibly tell her that hey, i'm here to meet one of your trainees and that she is actually cute"

y/n couldn't help it anymore. she burst out laughing at the reminder of the event. jake just pouted and sat silently, mostly because, he had a feeling she wouldn't laugh again anytime soon if he pointed out if they were found meeting each other by the management.

so he was having his fill instead as he stared at her and his heart thumped like a crazy drum.

"oh my god! i can't believe it. there is this one time i heard you talking about me to sunghoon and i was just one table away from the cafeteria", she said in between laughs.

"by the way, how many guys do you know?", jake asked casually but he was burning with jealousy.

the thought of the other guys who got to know her before him made him a tiny bit jealous.

y/n sensed his jealousy and decided to play a bit, "well, there was my ex boyfriend and then the guy i went on a blind date with, and the guy who always try to get to me -"

"okay enough", jake interrupted, a little irritated. but given her beauty, guys would flock around her for sure.

"did you believe that? i never went out to any guy before and then, i was brought here to seoul to train, so i have no time for love life and i knew no one likes me anyway"

"i do", jake said quickly, "you are amazing and beautiful just the way you are. and if i could, i wish i could meet you sooner. i like you"

y/n couldn't speak. he was the first guy to confess to her. jake always stirred up something in her which she didn't like but also like at the same time.

he made her confused and sure at the same time. she is a mess when it comes to him.

"i - wow", she cleared her throat, her face heating up and jake found it adorable.

"i like you", he said and got the reaction he anticipated for.

she is now a stuttering mess, "t - thank you"

"i like you"

her eyes went adorably wide as she hid her face in her hands, "stop that"

jake let out a laugh, relieved that he let out what he wanted to say to her, "i like you so damn much. you have no idea how much i wanted this, so look at me please"

she responded by ducking her face more.

"come on, baby", jake pushed, trying to pull out her hands from her face. after a lot of tries, he succeeded as y/n's flustered but still adorably embarassed face came into view.

"i'm making this clear. i like you more than a friend and i wish you could feel the same. until you tell me yourself that you like me too, i'll never stop reaching for you to be mine"

y/n looked at the confident boy in front of her. there was no doubt that she liked him as well. but she could not let the words out because just looking at his face reminded her of who he is.

an idol, a rookie but a big one that and she can't possibly be a hindrance in his way to more success.

but jake made her happy. too happy especially now that they were seeing each other like this.

jake is still holding one of her hands and it felt so perfect that she squeezed it a bit. he noticed and smiled.

"i want to kiss you so badly right now. but it's too much when we're still not a thing, right?", he asked smiling a bit more.

y/n's heart quickened at the thought of kissing him and she nodded shyly.

"well, holding hands will do for now", jake laughed and soon enough they were sharing their love for marvel, her hand still in his, and they seem not to want to let go.

time felt perfect that time. they were closed to each other and no one is ruining it for now, but how long will it last?

they do not know nor they do not care. nothing seemed to matter than in that moment to be together.