"ah... minnie unnie." soojin looked down onto her shoes and swung the swing backwards but not too hard.

"so... what did you watch to talk about?"

soojin wasn't sure how she should phrase what she wanted to say.

"i missed you."

shuhua instantly turned her head towards her.

there was a time soojin was angry at the universe, to introduce them only to take shuhua far away, and soojin still hadnt found her peace with it. for in these weeks of missing shuhua, she cannot entertain the idea of another. in this soojin had become as close to independent as it is for a soul such as herself to achieve.

"i got the feels for you." soojin internally cursed at herself as an obvious clench could be seen in her jaw.

click.

"what was that?" soojin whispered as she opened her eyes.

shuhua was squatting infront of her, holding her phone.

people think of laughing as a noise that comes from the mouth, but when shuhua laughed it was nothing like that. the laugh was in her eyes, in the way her face changed into that vision of relaxed joy and unrestrained mirth. yet truly, it wasn't in her face either. her laugh came from within, it was just the way she was wired. people like her just have more flexible brains, like all that humour bubbling around in him was like yoga for the synapses. just being around her for a few minutes was better than a whole day of self-absorbed pampering in some all-day-spar. just the sound of her gales, her snickers, her giggles, was enough to transport soojin far far away from her worries and the tension they built.

"what are you doing? and why are you laughing?" soojin slapped the younger's phone away from her face. "you're so cute jin-ah."

the korean knitted her brow and gave the foreigner a dazed look of bewilderment as shuhua leaped up, hardly concealing her happiness.

"MHM OH YEAH LETS GO!" shuhua thrusted her hips forward and leaned back as she raised her hands up. she probably wouldn't need any alcohol to feel drunk. she was intoxicated with excitement, hope, and happiness. had she ever been happier in her life?

"are you okay?"

"ah oh ya unnie. you... like me?"

"yes, i like you. yeh shuhua i like you."

soojin's blushing was a kind of flowering, the sort of pink that brings champagne roses to the imagination.

in the next few minutes, you can only see shuhua leaping around, shouting something like "oh soojin is mine!", "soojin likes me back!" and chanting "sooshu" out loud and attempting to carry soojin once which made her brain stutter for a moment and her eyes take in more light than she expected.

it all stopped when shuhua accidentally revealed a, "miyeon was right!" out loud along the lines which made her root towards the ground and she finally brought her arms down. "er i mean, i mean, yay! soojin likes me!"

"miyeon? what does miyeon have to do with this?"

the younger refused to tell her.

"you little punk ass bitch." miyeon folded her arms, ignoring soojin's gaze. "sorry miyeon... it was an accident i swear!"

"how can you snitch on me?! the plan was going to be perfect! perfect!" the older pointed at shuhua's chest. "hello?! im the victim here." soojin waved her right arm in between miyeon and shuhua, cutting their gaze as her left hand was intertwined with shuhua's.