July 28, 2012 Part 3

I turned around a saw a girl with long black hair and olive skin. If you take just one glance at her, you can tell that she's the queen around here.

"Can you talk? Oh my god, are you mute?" she said.

"No, I can talk," I said. "Um, you look really fancy for school orientation." 

She looked down at what she was wearing. Light wash jeans with rips in the knees and a thin, long-sleeve crew neck. "Really? I thought that I was dressed like crap," she said. If her whole closet was like this, I would love to see what she wears to school everyday. She probably doesn't even go to thrift stores. Maybe she's "too cool" for them. 

"Okay, sooo are you ready for today?" she asked me as we started walking towards homeroom. 

"Not really. I don't really know anyone and someone told me that my teacher, Mrs. Peters, was super strict." I said. I didn't want to sound scared in front of her. That would make me sound weak. And I definitely don't want to be weak.

"Oh! Mrs. Peters is such a sweetheart once you get out of her class. Just behave in class and she'll appreciate you." Kimberely said. This was actually really helpful advice. While she said that, she was smiling the whole time, which made her seem more friendly. 

"Wow. Okay! Thanks for that." I said. 

"No problem! This is what we're here for!" she said.

Kimberely was being super nice to me. I was expecting her to talk bad about her friends any second now. But she never did. Like, EVER. She only said how awesome her friends are and how they do everything together. They also volunteered at an animal last summer, which was something that I was not expecting from someone like her. Maybe I overreacted? She is super nice. She has never stopped smiling since she came to me. Maybe her IQ isn't the highest, but she means well. I shouldn't judge books by their covers. 

"We're here! Good thing that I have homeroom with you!" she said. 

We went inside and found 2 desks next to each other. One was by the wall and the second was across from the other. I sat in the desk closest to the wall because I wanted Kimberely to sit next to her friends. 

I was trying to finish "Murder on the Orient Express", but a girl's voice said behind me, "Hey Bree! Sit with us!" It was Kadence. I was really happy that she wanted me to sit next to her, but I don't know if I would hurt Kimberely's feelings. 

"Hey, Kimberely?" I said.

"Yeah?" she said, turning around.

"Could I switch seats with someone? Kadence wants me to sit next to her and-"

"Yeah! That's fine! If there's one thing that you need to know about Mrs. Wilson (our homeroom teacher) is that she doesn't care where you're sitting." she said.

"K! See you later."

"Bye!"

I made my way to the back of the classroom and sat down next to Kadence. There were some of her friends there, too like Spencer, Conner, Josslyn, and Sidney. The two boys were messing around in the desks behind us. We were way to scared to look back. All that we could hear was Conner chanting, "Go Spencer! Chug it! Chug it! Chug it!"

"Oh my God, boys are soo gross," Kadence whispered to me.

"Ha! Yeah, you should have seen what they were doing at the gas station," I told her.

"What?" she whispered.

I never got the chance to tell her because Mrs. Wilson came in at that second. She looked pretty young, like maybe in her early thirties. She had her hair up in a ponytail and was in a tang top and shorts. 

"Hello everyone!" she said. "I'm Mrs. Wilson! If you don't know me, I am going to be your homeroom teacher for these next years. One thing that you should know about me, is that I LOVE Kahoots!" she said enthusiastically. The whole room seemed to light up. All of the kids that had her the year before and the year before that seemed to know this already. 

"On Orientation day, I usually do Kahoot that is about me," she said. "So, everyone, get out your phones, tablets, computers, or whatever and I'm guessing you know what to do. 

I raised my hand. "Umm, are we doing teams?" I asked.

"Yes, Bree, we are!" she said. How did she know my name? This was literally the first time she has seen me. "Just partner up with the person sitting next to you." You could actually hear Conner and Spencer behind us shouting, "LET'S GOOO!" 

In front of us, Jossalyn and Sidney opened up their computer and typed in Kahoot.it. Me and Kadence used my laptop to log in. There was a name option for your team but we just decided to do KandB, since it was the easiest. Other names started appearing on the screen like Joss and Sid, Kim and Khloe Kardashian (Khloe is the name of Kimberely's best friend), Kashoot Me, and IMAGINE BEING LAST. We turned around and, sure enough, IMAGINE BEING LAST was the name of Spencer and Conner. There was absolutely no way they would place on the podium. 

"Guys, you do know you have to be smart to get on the podium, right?" I said jokingly. Kadence started chuckling. 

"I bet we can place higher then you, podium or not." Spencer said. It looked like he was trying to challenge us.

"Dude, shuttup! We are not going to place higher than them, what are you thinking!" Conner said. Me and Kadence started cracking up. Conner and Spencer turned red. 

"Spence, I don't think you could win if your life depended on it, no offense." Kadence said. We started cracking up.

"Oh yeah? Bet." 

"BRO!" Conner was trying to stop him.

"If we place higher than you, you need to pay for our lunch," Spencer said.

"Uh...ok." I said. It's not really that big of a deal. I have a lot of money saved up from allowance.

"For a month!" he said right after. 

"Ugh, fine." I said. "Same goes for if we win, too."

"Ok," Spencer said. Conner looked like he was going to die.