Chapter 12

I sat in the comfortable seat of a car. It sped down the highway faster than the speed of sound. Soon, the car was speeding into the streets of New Jersey, around where Gerard lived in the dangerous neighborhoods. RThe only thing I could hear was my screaming and the rumbling of the car engine.

The man driving the car grabbed my jaw in his finger tips and jerked my head to look at him. A devilish smile broke across his face. A man I could only name as Brendon.

He slammed the car on the breaks making me squeal as the seatbelt slammed against my chest. The surroundings of New Jersey were abandoned houses which were homes to squatters and had been used as drug labs by random citizens.

Brendon hopped out of his side of the car and I tried to unbuckle my seatbelt and get out of the car to try to run away. Brendon was walking around the hood of the car and headed for my door.

My movement became more frantic as he got closer to my door. I pressed the little button on the buckle over and over but it wouldn't come loose.

Before I knew it, Brendon had unbuckled my seatbelt and he had put his arms around me. I threw my hands into the car and wrapped them around the steering wheel in an attempt to not get pulled out. I could hear my own alien voice screaming for help but there was nobody there to save me.

I knew I wouldn't be able to hold on forever, so I let go of the steering wheel and just pulled myself into a little ball. I tried not to let out a yelp as I felt Brendon wrap his arms around my body and pull me out of the car as if I was nothing more than a sack of potatoes.

I could feel myself start to cry and I shut my eyes tight as I heard the slam of a car door. I could feel him walking and I opened my eyes to see him headed towards a familiar alley way.

Brendon's strong arms threw me to the ground and I yelped. He let out a monster of a laugh and kicked my side.

I looked around the alley to see the bodies of people I could only remember. My mother's body lay in a pool of blood just like it had on that day and I screamed.

"No!" I screamed. "Mom, why did you leave me here? Why did you do this to me? Why didn't you stay?" I yelled and I picked myself up and ran further into the darkness of the alley to where her body resided.

I put my hands on either side of her limp head and screamed. "You left me here! You left me here to die! I was your daughter! You were supposed to love me!" I started to sob. "You were supposed to always be here!"

I suddenly felt Brendon grab both of my arms and throw me back to the ground. I screamed. But nobody was there to hear me. It was like the world had a remote for me and had pressed the mute button.

Brendon grabbed the collar of my shirt and jerked downwards roughly. My shirt ripped away from my flesh and I whimpered. He did the same to my pants.

Brendon put his foot on my stomach and he began to fumble with the buckle on his belt. He then unbuttoned his pants and they slipped down his legs.

I turned my head to the side and shut my eyes tight. I felt a few tears trickle down my cheek and onto the cool pavement of the alleyway. I knew what was coming.

Brendon threw himself onto my body and pinned my arms to the pavement right below the elbow so I couldn't move them and fight back.

I clenched my teeth and waited for the pain to come. I felt Brendon roughly push into me and a stabbing pain shot up through my body.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up straight in the hospital bed screaming. My aching heart was beating abnormally quick. My labored breathing was raspy. What did I do to my lungs?