NINE

[TAKE HER AWAY]

; third person's pov
note: *sighs* i can't help but update
⸻⸻

"You can be discharged now." y/n informed, looking down the clipboard which showed the recent results of the test taken by rindou to which everything is now normal. 

Rindou sighed in relief, nodding, "When can i leave?"

"I don't know. Whenever you like." y/n answered, crossing her legs as she huffed out of boredom. 

"Wanna call your brother?" she offered, lazily pulling her phone out as rindou eagerly nodded, bending down to get the phone from her. 

"Password." rindou deadpanned as y/n smiled, tapping her fingers on the sofa as she grinned. 

"What?" 

"You don't know morse code?" she asked, tilting her head as rindou rolled his eyes, finally getting everything. 

"Repeat." 

"Nah, throw me the phone. You're too dumb." she sighed which irritated him as he threw it to her, putting force on it and it gladly didn't hit her face but her shoulder. 

"Ow, what the fuck." she hissed, massaging her shoulders as she entered her pin before throwing it with the same force which successfully hit his face. "Good." 

"Shut up."

⸻⸻⸻⸻

Rindou rolled the wheels of his own wheelchair as he reached the elevator, with a nurse following behind to assist him though he doesn't want any help. "Where's y/n?" rindou asked, glaring at the elevator door as the nurse gulped. 

"She's in the emergency room, she got a few patients coming in." the nurse answered, trying hard not to stutter and gladly she didn't. 

"Okay, take me to the emergency room." rindou ordered as the elevator dinged, indicating that they already reached the ground floor. 

The nurse held the back of the wheelchair as he started pushing rindou to where the emergency was located. 

Rindou had a scoff on his face as he looked around the hospital, so many damn people in white. 

The nurse pushed the door open as rindou entered with his wheelchair, searching for y/n. "Doctor L/n?" the nurse called as the latter turned around, seeing her former patient as well as her underling. 

"Oh, Mr. Haitani?" 

Did I just heard that right? A formal call? MR. HAITANI? 

"Yeah, obviously. Now, you. Go away." rindou replied, shooing the nurse away while y/n placed her stethoscope down. 

"What are you doing here? I thought you're gonna hurry out the hospital." y/n asked, sitting down as rindou shook his head, moving just in front of her. "Shit changes." 

"Uh-huh. Then, what are you doing here now, exactly?" she asked, tilting her head. 

Rindou closes his eyes and sighed, "My brother can't pick me here. We'll go." 

"Hah? What do you mean 'we'? I have work here just so you know." y/n retorted, standing up which made him frown. 

"Come on, they won't mind. There's a lot of doctors around." 

"No." 

"Y/nnn," 

Y/n looked at him with brows furrowed, her expression whole-heartedly rejected his request. "Just wait on the area there for your brother, i'm sure he's just busy as of the moment." y/n stated, pointing at the waiting area near the door which made him roll his eyes. 

"Tsk. He flew overseas." 

"Are you joking or what?" y/n questioned, doubt circling inside her.

"He said he was sent for a mission overseas, i'm not joking." rindou replied, a serious expression on his face as y/n sighed before she glanced at her watch. "Alright, i'm out in 20 minutes." 

"Good."

⸻⸻

"You don't have anything to bring, don't you?" y/n asked, glancing at rindou who nodded, looking around the place. 

"Okay, let me just—" 

"Have you forgot something again? I wanna go already." rindou groaned, patting y/n's shoulders. Her feet automatically moved as rindou pulled her along with him. 

"Eh? No. I'm just—" 

"What? You forgot your phone twice, it's already right there." rindou sighed, opening her car door and she finally sighed in defeat. 

"I was just gonna ask the nurse again." she said as rindou entered the car. 

"You already told about ten nurse before we left, shh now." rindou said as he placed the car key himself before y/n rolled her eyes and started driving. Finally. 

Rindou looked back the emergency room and he sighed internally that he dragged y/n out the hospital just the right time—his brother could've seen him. 

"They just left." 

"Eh? Are you sure, miss?" ran asked, tilting his head as he looked around the emergency room, seeing no signs of his younger brother. 

I swear, he's sneaking around y/n. Fuck. 

Sly fucker, he's demanding me to drive from Nagano to Tokyo and he's here taking his doctor out. 

"Oh okay." ran nodded before making his way to exit the emergency room. 

"Do you wanna go there again?" rindou asked, glancing at y/n who smiled and hummed. 

"Yes, i wanna try other flavors." y/n replied, looking back at him who had a small smile, a nod following after. "You really like it there, don't you?" 

"I mean, there's delicious ice creams plus kittens and puppies too. I'm glad they don't fight." she answered, visibly happy which made him nod again. 

He was panicking when the errand runner arrived but is relieved enough to find a place to pull both of them away—stupidly being the ice cream shop of the mall but glad enough that y/n likes it. 

A few minutes later..

"Woahh," y/n said, looking at every flavor of the ice cream. 

"Go pick, i'll pay." rindou said, lightly pushing her to the counter as she blinked, glancing at him. 

"But do you like..have money right now?" 

Rindou glared at her as an irk mark appeared on his forehead, "I will pay, don't underestimate me." he said which made her smile before she looked thoroughly. 

"I'll get vanilla." rindou said, pointing at the flavor to which y/n looked up at him this time. "Is it really yummy? You ordered that too last time." 

Rindou smirked and nodded, "I like it very much." Y/n's nose scrunched as she stood straight up, 

"I'll have it too, i'll try it." she said, glancing at rindou who huffed in amusement. 

"Nice choice." rindou stated as he watched her pet the kittens who were gathering on her feet. 

"Y/n, here you go." he called, handing her the ice cream as he soon followed her to a vacant seat with about 2 puppies on his hands y/n ordered him to take.

⸻⸻
note: