𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

(a/n: this isn't all from addie's dream because she wasn't there for the entire time but this is a full detailed description of that night / my interpretation of s1 e8. and from all the stories she was told about everything that happened, when addie has nightmares about it, it's usually about that whole night, how it was described to her. not just her being in the upside down.)

that night

JONATHAN AND NANCY HAD A PLAN. When you didn't look into it too much, and you forgot about the risk of dying, and you ignored the gun, plus the bat with the nails... it was a simple plan, really.

Joyce and Hopper had a plan too. Only theirs would seem a lot less crazy if told to someone who didn't know any information, other than the fact that her younger son and daughter were missing and Joyce was prepared to do whatever it took to get them back safe. To get them back alive.

Plans rarely ever work out exactly how you want them to, though. Nancy and Jonathan's plan was interrupted when Steve showed up, meanwhile Joyce and Hopper weren't having much luck either, wandering around aimlessly as they were calling out for Addie and Will.

Steve didn't know what the hell was going on. All he knew was that his best friend was missing, and he didn't know if she was alive or... not. And he had no idea why he couldn't call the police. But after Nancy pointed a gun at him and he ran out to his car and looked back, when he saw the lights flickering in the house, he knew he had to help.

Meanwhile at the school, Dustin and Lucas were ecstatic about finding the chocolate pudding stash. Mike was with El, talking about all of their future plans once El wasn't a secret. Where her new room might be, the fact that she'd also gain Nancy as a sister, he was so happy just thinking about it. Things didn't stay happy with them for long though.

As Joyce and Hopper wandered around, neither would admit it but they were slowly starting to lose hope. Then Joyce spotted Will, and Addie right next to him. That hope quickly returned, until she got a closer look at her children.

"Addie! Will! Oh my God Hopper you have to help me get them out!" She was panicking more than she ever had in her entire life. They'd found both of them, but didn't yet know if they were even alive.

At that same moment, El was making the biggest sacrifice a person could make. "Goodbye Mike."

Joyce was having trouble breathing. As they laid Will and Addie down on the ground, she screamed. "Oh God, oh God what do we do? How do we save both of them? I can't lose them, not my babies!"

"Joyce! Joyce you need to listen to me right now." Hopper grabbed the closest thing he could find and placed it under Addie's neck, so that her head was slightly tilted back. "You need to do what I'm doing right now. Look at me, and do exactly what I'm doing. Hurry." He began to do chest compressions, whispering the numbers. "Now when I say so, do what I do again. Pinch his nostrils and breathe into his mouth twice. You got that?"