????????????????????

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

CHAPTER SEVEN

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧.˚ *•̩̩͙ ✩. •̩̩͙*˚⁺‧

ONCE THEY GOT TO THE BYERS RESIDENCE, THEY WENT STRAIGHT TO ADDIE'S ROOM. Will was in the living room watching t.v., and he was a little shy when introduced to Billy even though technically they'd seen each other around.

During the hour that Billy helped Addie study and do their homework, she fell for him a little more. He was unbelievably patient, and didn't seem annoyed even when he had to explain something 2 or 3 times.

Around 4:30, Joyce popped her head in to say she'd be running out to grab a few things for dinner. She said hi to Billy and asked if he'd like to stay for dinner, and he politely declined, saying he had to head home soon. Once Addie decided she was too mentally exhausted to study anymore, she closed her textbook and lay back on her bed.

Billy sat next to her, propping himself up with his arm. "You alright?"

"Yeah, just tired," Addie yawned. She noticed what looked like a new bruise on Billy's arm, and traced around it gently with her finger. "Are you okay?" she whispered, almost afraid to ask.

"It's... I just fell."

"Well you sure seem clumsy," Addie laughed, trying to make light of the tension that was surely building. "Look, I don't mean to pry. If you ever want to talk about... falling, I'm here." She put her hand on his face, and for a few seconds, Billy shut his eyes.

No one had ever shown him this much love and genuine kindness. He felt like he didn't deserve it. Realizing he should leave before he did speak up and scare her away, he slowly stood up, holding out a hand and pulling Addie up with him.

"Before I go," he smiled, pulling her in for another hug, "can I take you to the party tomorrow night? I promise I'll be on my best behavior."

"Pick me up at seven?" Addie asked, feeling a little bold again. People usually didn't show up until 8 or later, but the thought of more time with Billy made her happy.

Billy nodded, and Addie walked him out to his car. He got in the drivers seat just as Steve pulled up with Mike and Nancy also in the car. Billy nodded at them, which Addie guessed was the best greeting she could hope for considering she knew her friends weren't fond of Billy either.

"What was he doing here?" Steve asks as soon has he drives off.

"Helping me with homework," Addie rolls her eyes and walks into the house.

"Hey hey I was just asking!"

"Yeah but you asked in a weird way," Nancy pointed out.

Steve scoffed. "Who's side are you on?"

"Addie's," Mike piped up before walking ahead of everyone into the house. Whenever sleepovers were at the Byers home, he was almost always the first one to arrive.