- Epilogue -

Abby's POV

We had ran far away from his house. Far away from our small-town home of Woodsboro. Covered in the gross red substance, we got on a bus to the nearest town out of state. It happened to be a small, rural one in Nevada.

We booked a room in a cheap motel, using the spare cash we had grabbed from Stu's kitchen cabinet during our rushed exit.

We took off our clothes and turned on the hot shower. The steam washed off the memories of that night.

I had gotten a cheap first aid kit at the nearby Walmart to fix up Stu's injuries. He sat up on the edge of the bed, shirtless, while I knelt in between his legs.

I knew the alcohol burned his wounds, but he didn't complain. We both sat there in silence as I fixed him up.

That night we fell asleep in each other's arms, completely exhausted from the night we had had.

———

-5 months later-

Stu and I had saved up enough money to get a small apartment, living together was weird, but we were all that each other had.

We had completely changed our identities. Me no longer Abigail Havrin, but now Carol Stratford. Stu no longer Stu Macher, but now Michael Potter. We both worked crappy retail jobs to pay for rent and for food.

I came home from work, opening up the door to our apartment building, finding Stu lying on the couch. He was looking towards the ceiling, eyes wide open, extremely deep in thought.

"Hey, babe." I said, setting down my keys and my purse on the small table near the front door.

I got no response.

"Hey, are you okay?" I questioned him further.

A few long moments went by before he finally said, "Do you know why I did it?"

"Why you did what?"

"Why I did everything. All the killing, all the lies, all the running."

"Stu, what are you talking about?"

"All the shit I did for Billy."

"Stu, are you sure you're okay?"

He got up from his position on the couch, walking over to me.

He hugged me tight, giving me almost no room to breathe. He kissed my forehead, "Abby," he lifted my head from its position on his shoulder so we were now staring into each other's eyes, "I did it all for you."

                                         The End