In His Arms

Abby's POV

The doorbell rang.

"Coming!" I yelled from the living room.

After I had a delicious Mac and cheese dinner, I drove over to the video store to rent a scary movie. I wasn't in the mood for a chic flick or an action movie, so I chose to rent A Nightmare On Elm Street.

I paused the TV and got up from the couch, heading to the front door. I unlocked the door and Stu was standing there.

"Hey Stu, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I questioned. This was an unexpected visit.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure? What happened at Sidney's? Is she okay?"

"Everything's fine, I promise. I'm not sure what happened to Billy. I gave Sidney a pretty good scare but she called the police so I had to get my ass out of there. Your house is closer to hers so I ran over here. Is that okay?"

"Yeah that's fine. Nobody's home."

Stu raised his eyebrows at that and walked into my house. He headed to the living room, seeing that the TV was on, and flopped down onto the couch.

"Ooh, A Nightmare On Elm Street! This one's my favorite." He said. He took the TV remote off of the coffee table and resumed the movie. I stood away from him for a minute, admiring his features. He is so perfect.

He felt me staring and turned to look at me, "Well are you gonna come sit?"

"I'm actually fine standing."

He got up from the couch and stood right in front of me, having to look down slightly to meet my eyes.

"No you're not," he said. He put his hands on my waist and picked me up, put me over his shoulder, and started walking back over to the couch. He set me down gently and then sat next to me.

He put his head on my shoulder and I put my head on top of his. We stayed like that for the rest of the movie.

When the credits began rolling I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. Leaning back on the couch, I looked at Stu.

"Stu are you gonna go home?"

"I was thinking I could just spend the night." He replied. I could tell he was trying to hide his smirk, but he was not doing a very good job at it.

"Sure. You're gonna have to sleep in my bed though."

"That's fine with me." He put his hand on my cheek and leaned in to give me a kiss. I kissed him back, but briefly pulled away.

"I need to go get ready for bed, it's a school night." I said.

"No you don't." He still had his hand on my cheek, and he began kissing me. I pulled away from him once again.

"Stuart I'm serious." I checked my watch, "It's midnight!"

"Oh my god babe, relax."

I moved his hand off of my cheek and started heading up to my room. I grabbed an old band t-shirt and some pajama shorts and went to my bathroom, which was connected to my bedroom.

I changed into my pajamas and used a makeup wipe to take off my makeup from today. I brushed my teeth and washed my face and went back into my bedroom. Stu was laying on my bed.

"Do you want something to change into? I could go grab you something from my brother's closet." I asked him.

"Sure."

"Okay I'll be right back." I walked out of my room and headed over to my brother's at the end of the hallway.

I grabbed a plain black t-shirt and some grey sweatpants for Stu.

Back in my room I discovered Stu looking at the pictures on my dresser.

"Here's something to change into," I threw the clothes at Stu, "I think you guys are the same size."

"Thanks." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and went into my bathroom. He didn't bother to close the door, so I had a full view of him changing. I giggled and turned away looking to the photos on my dresser.

I absolutely loved the picture of Sidney, Tatum, and I at Sidney's 10th birthday party. She invited the whole class and her poor parents were overwhelmed with children. That was the first day that I had ever talked to Stu. He was so short back then and had cute little chubby cheeks.

Stu came up behind me and put his head on my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"That was Sidney's 10th right?" He asked me, looking at the same picture that I was.

"Yeah, look how little we all were."

"That was the first time we talked to each other right?"

"Yeah, I'm surprised you remember that."

"How could I forget? I had the biggest crush on you, still do."

I turned my head and peppered his cheek with kisses. I walked over to my bed and laid down. Stu laid down right behind me and put his arms around me.

"I love you so much," he whispered in my ear.

"I love you too, Stu." I whispered back. He kissed my neck.

I fell asleep peacefully, wrapped in his arms.