Chapter 1: Takemichi

Takemichi sighed. Yet another one of those days where nothing eventful happened. The middle mizo gang members were having lunch at the rooftop, eating lunch and being their own pieces of shit.

Biting down on the taiyaki he bought for lunch, he turned to Kazushi to listen to his bouts of delinquency and their group's most recent and shared obsession about it.

Today, Kazushi was talking about Toman, an uprising big shot gang. A gang that they were almost dragged into. It's a good thing that Takemichi saw through the lies of his untrustworthy cousin, Masaru and forced his friends to back down and run away with no injuries. Except for him, he got punched while trying to convince his friends to run away.

As cool as being a member of a big shot gang was, with how his friends' parents were, they'd either be homeless or locked in for the rest of their middle school life. Takemichi didn't want that because, sadly, they were his only friends.

Takemichi had some chance encounters with a few gangs too. First was when he was out on hanging with Hina at the festival, he had encountered a gang fight at the parking lot. He was just about to go back to Hina and say that the restroom was out of order when he saw Kiyomasa, Masaru's leader, walking away with a bloodied knife and a disgustingly satisfied  grin.

Takemichi knew he was an outsider and he didn't have any business in this gang fight but he found himself looking for someone with a stab wound. As soon as he found him, he dragged him away from the fight and had Hina call an ambulance. He got a stab on the hand from Kiyomasa for trying to get the giant blond called Draken to the hospital but it was worth it.

He didn't get acquainted with the leader and never bothered getting a thanks from them. He already got a thank you from Draken and that's all he needed. Plus, Takuya's mother already called him and Hina also needed to go home. They rushed home after exchanging numbers with Emma.

At least they made a new friend in the form of Emma and Draken that day.

The second time was at the end of October. He was wandering around aimlessly when he caught a glance of the familiar black uniform he had acquainted with that night of August 3rd. He followed the trail of black and immediately knew that it was going to be another gang fight. Takemichi had a hunch that there was going to be another knife in this fight.

Takemichi immediately called an ambulance and the police in advance. He ended up being the stab victim in the fight when he rushed to protect some hot long haired dude who looked a little familiar.  He gave his incredibly familiar-looking assailant a punch before he went down the ground. If he remembers it correctly, he told them that he outed the whole gang.

He got himself three new friends after that whole fiasco.

"Ne, ne, Takemitchy gimme half of your taiyaki and I'll give you a hug."

Takemichi turned to the teen beside him. The one who stabbed him, his senior, and his most recent friend, Hanemiya Kazutora. Takemichi bailed him out after a few months using his savings. 

"I don't know Kazutora-kun, I'm sure you just finished your yakisoba bread."

"Just the tail, then? Please?"

Kazutora smiled innocently and Takemichi gave in. He did say please. Takemichi tore off the tail and gave it to Kazutora before listening to Kazushi again. The history of Toman had already ended when he was reminiscing and now he was talking about the captains. Kazutora laid his head on Takemichi's lap and Takemichi paid no heed, taking his phone out to do something with it while listening to Kazushi.

A sudden idea brought a big smile to his face, almost blinding everyone in their group. A choir of groans resounded on the roof as they covered their eyes, complains arising.