Caribbean Culture 🥂🍀

Wah gwaan Caribbeanites!!!

In the previous chapter I asked a question about the Caribbean people and we have a winner.

Congratulations RayeSimone242 🎉😊!!! Go follow her y'all 💜

Moving on........

The Caribbean Culture

Caribbean culture summarizes the artistic, musical, literary, culinary, political and social elements that are representative of Caribbean people all over the world. As a collection of settler nations, the contemporary Caribbean has been shaped by waves of migration that have combined to form a unique blend of customs, cuisine, and traditions that have marked the socio-cultural development of the area.

10 Fascinating Facts About Caribbean Culture

The Caribbean is a melting pot of cultures with influences from European colonizers, the native community who lived there before colonization, and the waves of immigration.

In Jamaica, people believe that the soul of the dead can linger for nine days.

African culture has left an indelible mark in Caribbean history.

Colorful is one word to describe the culture of the Caribbean people

Colorful is one word to describe the culture of the Caribbean people. It’s a mesmerizing mix of influences rooted in its rich heritage, shaped by its long history of colonization, and molded by waves of immigration. The region is a melting pot of different languages, cuisine, music, and customs. Its culture is a beautiful blend of a colonial and native elements shaped by each country’s socio-cultural experiences. It is this diversity that gives the Caribbean region a unique identity. Here are a few things about the Caribbean culture that will make you want to pack your bags and fly to the islands so you can experience it yourself.

10. Shaped By A Long History Of Colonization

The history of the Caribbean people did not begin when the Europeans came. Way before the Europeans landed on the region, the islands were home to a native population of around 750,000 people composed of three groups: the Ciboney or Guanahuatebey, Taino Arawak, and Carib.

In 1497 Christopher Columbus founded an island in the Caribbean which then signaled the start of the Spanish colonization. The Spanish Empire claimed the Caribbean and most of Latin America. Around the 1600s the British, French, and Dutch seized Caribbean territories from the Spanish empire. The US then started colonizing parts of the Caribbean in the 1900s. These events created an interesting mix between the native Caribbean culture and those of the different colonizers.

9. Food Is An Important Aspect Of Family Life

 Food Is An Important Aspect Of Family Life