Chapter (11): A-Ying's training

Start from the beginning

Soon, Wei Ying woke up. His body was aching from the running the day before. Xie Lian told him to go have a light shower to fresh himself up. Then, his training began again. For mornings, Wei Ying had a ten-lap run. Wei Ying's face crumpled when he heard he had to run again, but he did so anyway.

After the run, they had breakfast. Wei Ying was surprised to see the sumptuous breakfast; it had more meat than before. Xie Lian was also surprised. If it was just himself, he would not have been able to provide Wei Ying such a sumptuous meal every so often. Xie Lian knew Hua Cheng cooked more meat for Wei Ying. He was glad Hua Cheng was here with them. Then the lunch and dinner were also nutritious meals cooked especially by Hua Cheng to help Wei Ying grow.

Although Lang Ying and Guzi had their share of this meal, Qi Rong was soley fed only either Xie Lian's cookings or the offerings from the villagers. Mostly the offerings, because Xie Lian didn't have to cook much after Hua Cheng arrived, but he did cook sometimes to put Qi Rong quiet. Everytime Qi Rong was fed Xie Lian's cooking and smelt Hua Cheng's cooking, he would mutter hysterically along the lines of 'This is torture...this is hell...Just hand me over to the heavens...JUST THROW ME OFF A MOUNTAIN! YOU F*CKERSS!! WHY DOES THIS ANCESTER HAVE TO SUFFER THIS!???'. And everytime he swears and make a huge fuss, Xie Lian would feed him more of his cooking.

And so continues the daily life at Puqi shrine. Xie Lian gave Wei Ying swordmanship lessons. Wei Ying trained and played everyday. Hua Cheng took care of the cooking, while Lang Ying and Guzi helped with the cleaning and chores. Of course, Qi Rong remained tied up near the front door. After a few days, Nan Feng came back. He didn't sneak around this time like last time, and directly came in through the front door.

Hua Cheng, "Why are you here again?"

Nan Feng, "I'm...here for a visit."

Hua Cheng, "You already came three days ago. Don't you have any work?"

Nan Feng, "That's none of your business."

Hua Cheng, "I see your General likes to slack off, looking at his officials going out every so often."

Nan Feng, "You....!!"

Xie Lian watched the thunder rumbling between Nan Feng and Hua Cheng, it was like a dog and a fox fighting, he thought.

Xie Lian, "All right, all right. Don't fight. Nan Feng, is there something I can help?"

Nan Feng, "No..."

Xie Lian, "Then...you're really here just to visit again?"

For a General like Feng Xin to come to Puqi shrine, twice in just three days; Xie Lian would believe it if some treasure were hidden underneath the shrine. But Feng Xin wasn't really doing anything suspicious like that either, he just came to the Puqi shrine and behaved naturally. Although, his face revealed that he wanted something. Xie Lian couldn't guess it; Feng Xin wasn't giving any hints either. Either he reveals his true intentions soon or Hua Cheng will really kick him out of the shrine.

Feng Xin was in a difficult situation. He came because he wanted to become closer to Wei Ying; since no matter how many years have past, he still was a loyal citizen of Xianle, and he still regarded Xie Lian as the Crown Prince. If Xie Lian said he adopted a son, that son would be the next generation of the royal family. He felt a sense of duty that he had to come, and that's why he came here. But he was just a junior official now, who doesn't have any connections to Xie Lian.

Just as Feng Xin was mulling over what excuse to give, Hua Cheng's scimitar E'ming was also vibrating profusedly, obviously itching to come out of its scabbard and slice up this suspicious person in the shrine. Xie Lian prayed Feng Xin would come up with an explanation soon. When Hua Cheng was about to take a step forward, Feng Xin yelled out.