CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX✔️

Start from the beginning

"That ship sailed a long time ago, darling. Stop talking or I will make sure your death comes soon and you may never end up with the girl. But, that's highly doubtful anyway, because, it's always Stefan," stated Arabella, a smirk growing on her lips after she said the last part. She watched Damon struggle and heard Bonnie talking, but she only carried on with speaking.

"Damon, I need you to know this now. I haven't loved anyone since my human days. You were one of the many flings I had over the millennium. I never cared about you, why would I? Katerina didn't, your father didn't, and if you think Elena would care, then you should think twice. Damon, darling, the only reason I'm not killing you now is because I want to see the look on Elijah and Klaus' face when I tell them you broke my heart. I mean, they killed the man who broke my heart one time, just imagine what they would do to you! Damon, never think again that I loved you, because I didn't, and I never will," spat Arabella, dropping Damon. Damon's face held many emotions as he watched Arabella walk away. He was shocked at her outburst, fearful of her, and frightened of what her family could do if they had found out what happen. It was already said that her family was over-protective of the youngest girl, and Damon was frightened of his physically well-being if Arabella even mentioned the relationship between the two.

Arabella walked up the broken down house and yanked the door open, fully aware of Damon's presence behind her as well as the witch and human. She paid no mind and instead walked into the house. The four of them walked around gingerly and Arabella heard a crunch behind her, causing her to grab whatever made the sound and throttle it. Arabella immediately dropped the youngest Gilbert, and mouthing 'sorry' to which he shrugged as if to say 'it happens' to which Arabella nearly laughed at the irony.

Arabella watched Damon look out a window, then get trapped. Arabella furrowed her eyebrows and took a step forward, examining the scene.

"Bloody hell," she muttered.

A small chuckle escaped Damon's mouth and he looked to Bonnie. "Whatever witchy prank you're playing, don't. It's not funny."

"I'm not doing anything," declared Bonnie.

"I can't move," sneered Damon, looking at her.

"She's not doing anything. There are about 100 dead witches' force in this room, clearly you've done something to piss them off," remarked Arabella, raising her eyebrows and looking around.

Damon glared at her. "I haven't done anything."

"Then why is it I can move, and you can't?"

Damon opened his mouth to reply, but shut it quickly, realizing Arabella was right. Arabella looked up at the ceiling as if the witches were there and mouthed a 'thank you' and winking at the barren ceiling.

"What are you doing?" snapped Damon.

"Paying my tributes, of course. And thanking Emily Bennett for making you immobilized," said Arabella.

Damon's skin began sizzling and he let out a slight scream and Arabella bit her lip to keep her giggles at bay.

"Oh, my ring's not working," Damon said then glanced at Bonnie. "Do something!"

"Don't. This is extremely amusing." Bonnie sighed, closed her eyes, and ducked her head a bit. Soon, Damon was let go from the force that was holding him back and Arabella grunted in annoyance.

"Shame," muttered Arabella, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Why aren't you burning," snapped Damon as he pushed Arabella into the sun.

"I don't know, maybe because the witch community loves me," snapped Arabella, putting her hands on her hips and looked at Damon sassily. Arabella felt a sting and she gasped.

"Oi!" exclaimed Arabella, looking up.

"What'd they do?" questioned Damon hopefully.

"Nothing as bad as yours. Just a sting."

Damon glared at Arabella, secretly jealous of her luck. Damon was smart though, and he knew there was something else that was protecting Arabella's safety. He also knew that Arabella knew this information.

"I don't think the witches like you being here," said Bonnie, mostly directed at Damon.

"I guess this is the right place," said Jeremy. Arabella snickered.

"I'm gonna go outside," remarked Damon.

"You should too Bella, just incase," said Bonnie. Arabella opened her mouth to protest, but the glare Bonnie was giving made Arabella roll her eyes and walk out the door.

"Why are you out here?" snapped Damon.

"Bonnie wanted me to make sure that you didn't do anything," declared Arabella. Damon scoffed.

Arabella sat down next to Damon and Damon eyed the girl. The first minute she was hating his guts, now she was sitting next to him as if nothing ever happened between the two and it was 1864 again.

"You're weird," commented Damon.

Arabella laughed a bit. "Really? How so?"

Damon sensed the teasing in her voice. "First you're threatening to kill me or have your family do it, and now you're peacefully sitting here with me."

Arabella's laugh was a melody to Damon's ears as she did it again. "I suppose, but what you said back there wasn't your place. I had a right to be mad."

"And threaten me?"

"I had a right to do that too." Damon frowned and looked at the girl as she stared off into space, a mischievous glint in her eye like always.

"Did I really break your heart?" Arabella frowned, and she blinked a few times as if she was just now hearing him.

"That's an quite an odd thing to say."

"Well, you're an odd person." Arabella's lips twitched, a sign she was trying to smile.

"I uh, I think you did. But then that would mean I was in love with you."

"You think?"

"I don't really know. I mean, it was a very strong emotion I felt when I saw you kissing Katerina, much more than what I ever felt. I even cried, which is a rare thing for me. So yes Damon, I think you did break my heart and I do think I was in love with you at a time," Arabella said with furrowed eyebrows, as if she was just now processing all of this. Damon observed and felt slightly hurt that Arabella hadn't thought about this, or him much. Damon looked at Arabella, but did not detect a sign of heartbreak across her pretty face. He only saw her eyes that always looked mischievous no matter what and her face looked void of emotion as she stared out in front of her.

"I'm sorry," Damon said suddenly.

Arabella's face whipped around to look at him, her eyebrow's slightly raised.

"You're what? I don't think I heard you correctly," remarked Arabella lightly.

Damon playfully glared at Arabella, but his smile betrayed him. "I said I was sorry, alright?"

Arabella smiled and looked at him, not really noticing the close proximity. Damon did however and he deeply looked in her eyes.

"Damon," Arabella whispered warningly, slight confusion swept across her face.

Damon ignored Arabella, and leaned in to close that gap. Arabella didn't stop him as she also leaned forward. The two kissed and Arabella almost moaned. She had never kissed so passionately before, not even with Jasper. Arabella knew right then and there, the boy who had broken her heart, was slowly starting to mend the cracks.

~~~

edited as of 1/16/16