Waking Up

Belle slides her clothes off before she climsb into bed. The last thing she wants to do is destroy anything else so the least she can do is leave her favorite dressing gown in tact. Mrs. Potts comes in shortly after Belle is in bed and begins to gently run her fingers through Belle's hair to comfort her before  she falls asleep. "I'm just happy that the rest of you aren't going to be affected because of me." mumbles Belle without opening her eyes. "Also please tell them that anyone who wishes to leave may do so I will not force them to remain here if they do not want to." " I will let them know" Mrs. Potts  stays by her side until she is deep asleep then she slowly makes her way out of Belles chambers and to the kitchen where the rest of the staff is waiting. "Shes fallen asleep, the change should begin at any moment." says Mrs. Potts to the others. "Will she be as ferocious as Master Adam was when he changed?" asked Cogsworth. "There is no way of knowing how the change will affect her, master Adam was a cruel beast of a man before his transformation so he became a beast, Belle has grown cold hearted and emotionless so maybe her change will bare different results." said Mrs.Potts in a grim voice. "Well lets hope she doesn't lose her temper like he did." muttered C. "Cogsworth if you don't want to stay here and support Belle you may leave, she does not need your negativity here. That goes for any of you that feel you cant handle this again. Leave and do as you will but do not stay here and spread ill will." The group is silent and slowly, one by one many of the servants made their leave of the kitchen and ultimately the castle grounds all together. The only ones remaining were Mrs. Potts, her children, Lumiere, Bimbette and surprisingly Cogsworth. "Well Cogsworth you were the last person I expected to stay" said Mrs. Potts. "I hadn't originally intended to but, then I thought back to how the change made me a better man and I believe I owe it to Mrs. Belle to stay by her side through this." "Well there is nothing we can do for her tonight so I think we should all go to bed and get some rest before tomorrow, because it is guaranteed to be a long day." the group dispersed and went their separate directions, the last to leave was Mrs.Potts. She gathered a tray with the makings for tea and breakfast and went to Belle's bedroom and placed it on the bedside table. She still looked the same aside from the fact that her skn had taken on a strange grey-ish blue hue. She made her way quickly from the bedroom and to her own.

        Belle did not dream that night, there was nothing, no fear, no worry, she simply existed. When she awoke the next morning it was difficult for her to open her eyes. It felt as if her eyelids were made of stone, in fact it felt as if her entire body were made of stone. As she sat up she heard a strange noise. The noise persisted as she slowly rose from the bed and walked over to the mirror in front of her wardrobe. She was shocked at what she saw. Her soft pale skin had become grey stone tinged with blue. Her face was  almost unchanged aside from the way that her cheek bones seemed more angled, almost sharp. She was also taken aback by the large stone wings that were now protruding from her back. When she caressed her reflection in the mirror she didn't realize that she now had strong claws and shattered the mirror. Jumping back from the fractured pieces of mirror Belle places her hand on the post of her bed to catch her balance and as she does she grips to strong and shatters the Oak post causing her to fall hard on the ground. As she lays there trying to catch her breath and recover from the distastes that had just occurred Mrs. Potts comes dashing into the room. "My dear girl what on Earth...." she falls quiet as she finally takes stock of what Belle has become. "oh child look at you, I mean really look at you did you not think to put any clothes on." All Belle can do is laugh "Sorry that my first thought when getting up this morning wasn't to be sure I was decently dressed in my new form." "Child this is your body now you must always worry about being properly dressed. Here put this on it will have to do until I can make you some dresses." Belle stood and attempted to warp the robe around herself, but her wings made it impossible. Instead of giving up she walks over to her desk and pulls out a pair of scissors and cuts a hole in the robe that will allow her wings to fit through them. "Mrs. Potts  I think I may need your assistance with getting this on." Mrs. Potts walks over to see what Belle has done. "Well my child lets give this a try." She slides the robe around the bottom of her wings and slowly slides it until it falls back down to the base of the wings. Belle smiles and begins to belt the robe when she remembers her claws and asks Mrs. Potts for her assistance once again. Mrs. Potts I fear it may be a long while before I can do things on my own, you have my sincerest appreciation and gratitude, without you I would have spent God knows how long laying on my back before I was able to pick myself up." As Mrs.Potts finished tying the belt she gently caressed Belle's hand and said "Child I will always be here to pick you up when you are down, although sadly many of the servants did not share my feelings. The only ones left are myself and the children, Lumiere and Bimbette and lastly Cogsworth." "Well I can not blame them for leaving, I did treat them rather harshly after they all became human again, it seems fitting they do the same to me when I stop being human." "Well you have us and we will stay by your side until the end."