17: The motherly.

Start from the beginning

"Katie!" She exclaimed my full name reproachfully and I stood up from the bed completely.

"I'm sorry, mom!" I said quickly.

I realized what I had said and stared at her, not knowing how to react. She had uncrossed her arms, her expression relaxed until her eyebrows arched tenderly and she had brought both hands to her chest with a huge smile.

"I'm sorry... Eleanor..." I murmured, rectifying.

"It's okay, my darling..." With that smile and a sigh she started to leave. "Don't take too long to get to the airport on time." This time she closed the door when I nodded.

"You just made her immensely happy." Ian said, still from the bed.

"I spoke without thinking, I don't even know what I meant..." I excused myself, taking off my shirt with my back to him. I heard the bed and knew he was up.

"I think you, too, just made yourself happy without knowing it." He murmured in my ear to place a kiss on my temple.

"Why do you say that?" I grabbed the dress from yesterday and put it on.

"Because you're smiling like I've never seen you before." I looked at him. He was putting on one of his typical dress pants. "And I mean a different smile, not mischievous or love or romantic. It's another type." I put on my work jacket, which I also had on yesterday.

"It's been so long since I said that word like that... I'd even forgotten what it feels like." I confessed and sat next to him on the bed to put on my boots.

"And what does it feel like?" He asked, putting on his shoes.

"Affection." He nodded in understanding.

"By the way, changing the matter..." I looked at him. He was leaning forward and it looked like he was thinking. "I wouldn't want you to be alone with Blake. And it's not out of jealousy." He looked at me clarifying. "It's because now I don't know what he would be able to do to you if he gets angry in front of you the same way he does on the phone." I agreed, understanding his reasons.

"But you also understand that I can't give him any more reasons to be more suspicious, right?" He nodded slowly, as if he didn't want to understand it at all.

"You have to spend more time with him today until we tell him tomorrow, I know." He admitted with clenched teeth. "Has he called you at night?" I shook my head.

"We only speak by message and it's better this way. I don't want to talk to him on the phone, much less want a video call. He always asks me to... "I was silent and he frowned.

"What does he ask you to do?" He got up and that made me feel intimidated, since I was still sitting and I was level with his abdomen.

"Racy conversation I don't want to do." I confessed with a sigh. "I haven't. As I told you, we have only spoken by message since the last video call on Monday." He nodded and sat back more calmly.

"I have to calm down..." He murmured with a kind of growl, so I got up and reached over to grab his face with both hands.

"Everything's going to be fine, baby." I placed a kiss on his lips as he hugged me around the waist.

"For his sake, I hope so." He sighed deeply.

He was hugging me for a few seconds when he left his forehead resting on my abdomen, but we had to move away so as not to be late, so we finished dressing and gathering things up.

I helped him put on his tie, although he knew how to do it, but it was just another excuse to be so close, to take the chance and give us a few more kisses between cuddles and affections, since we were going to spend less time together today and we wanted to take advantage of what we could.