She could not help but frown. For a moment, she had two mouthfuls of rice in a row, but it was tasteless.

A smile crept up on the corners of Feng Yuran’s lips when he saw Mo Xuetong frown and look listless. He picked up another piece of fish for her and carefully picked out the bones before placing it in her bowl. “Don’t worry. Feng Xuehe is such a scheming woman. It’s better to get rid of her as soon as possible. And we’ll also get rid of Hu Qianyue by the way. The two women are both so vicious. It’s not safe to leave them there.”

“What happened to Hu Qianyue?”

“When she found out that the man she loves pushed her into another man’s arms, how could she, a proud and arrogant person, bear it?” Feng Yuran replied lightly. He could not hide the smile in his dark eyes when he saw that Mo Xuetong had subconsciously picked up the fish that he had given her. There was also a hint of doting and gentleness in his eyes.

Being stared at like this, Mo Xuetong could not help but blush. She glanced at him unhappily and knocked his bowl with her chopsticks. She pretended to be impatient and said, “Hurry up and eat. Don’t talk too much. Don’t you know that you shouldn’t talk while eating?”

“Hahahaha!” Feng Yuran’s mood got even better when he saw her flushed face. He did not say anything else and quickly had a bowl of rice. Then, he added another bowl for himself. He put food in Mo Xuetong’s bowl in a good mood as he ate. Mo Xuetong would take the initiative to serve him food from time to time.

It was quiet in the room. Only a handsome man accompanied a beautiful woman. Their every move was like a leisurely landscape. One of them looked at the other with doting eyes, and the other was attached to him. As they looked at each other, there was no need to say anything more, as if they could be like this forever…

The Sixth Princess’s face had been disfigured and the corners of her eyes had been mercilessly scratched. The one who had scratched her was Marquise Mingguo and the legitimate daughter of Ding General Manor. This matter had nothing to do with the Empress Dowager. However, because of Ling Mingyan’s identity, she had no choice but to step forward. No matter what, Ling Mingyan was the daughter of Ding General Manor and it was related to the future marriage of Ding General Manor’s girls.

If someone were to say that Ding General Manor’s girls were vicious, who would dare to marry one of them in the future?

Learning that the Emperor invited her, the Empress Dowager did not delay and brought people with her to the Emperor’s Qianqing Palace.

King Ning had kept a low profile recently, and so did the Empress Dowager. She had kept such a low profile that she did not even walk out of her own palace.

Consort Su and Imperial Noble Consort Wen were in charge of the palace affairs. They were supposed to go to the Empress Dowager’s palace to pay their respects, but the Empress Dowager asked someone to tell them that there were too many things going on in the palace, so they didn’t have to visit her every day. If they had time, they could come to chat with her, so they didn’t have to come to see her every day.

As for the Empress, since she had volunteered to go to Buddha Hall, there was no need for the imperial concubines to see her.

As soon as Mo Xuetong and Feng Yuran had just finished lunch, they were summoned by the Emperor to the palace. When they reached the entrance of the palace, they noticed that Feng Yulei was helping You Yue’e off the horse carriage. On the other side, Feng Yuxuan was walking ahead, and Mo Yarui lowered her head and followed him. When she saw Mo Xuetong coming, she only bowed slightly to her with a smile and did not say anything.

“Third Brother, Third Sister-in-law, how are you feeling?” Feng Yuran brought Mo Xuetong up to greet them.

You Yue’e looked very bad, as if she had lost all her vitality. She sat on the sedan chair that had been brought especially. She looked solemn and lifeless. She looked at Mo Xuetong for a long while before she seemed to have noticed who she was. A faint smile appeared on her face. “Many thanks for your concern. I’m fine.”