Chapter Nine; Take a Stand.

The best things in life, come with a price, the star that burned so bright faded the fastest. Runa was fading and couldn't control it anymore, she laid on Michaels chest playing with the hem of his flannel shirt as he rested peacefully with his arm gently wrapped around her shoulders holding her close. She sighed lightly as she pushed herself up onto her elbow, careful not to wake her sleeping Angel. She moved towards the window as she watched the sun set high in the sky.

She could hear Lucy and Sam speaking below them, talking about their hopes and dreams for Runa and Michael. She turned to look back at Michael, a life with him would be perfect, but how could she let her mate go? It's hard enough being away from him, but at the same time it's killing her being under his control.

She slowly made her way downstairs to join the conversation, each step she took her heart sped up, would they be able to tell she's different now? She's no longer the girl she used to be, not even a shell of the girl she knew, David took away everything but also gave her everything.

She smiled as she saw Lucy's cheery face, Sam hadn't noticed her yet, but she could see on Lucy's face everything had changed.
"Runa, honey, come take a seat" She patted the space next to her as Runa gave her a small smile and complied. "What's been happening? You've been so distant" The comment made the small blonde sink into her seat a bit.
"I'm sorry, I'm just struggling a bit" Silence fell on the trio as everyone knew not to push further, it was hard enough for her to deal with it, let alone when everyone else was on her case about it. "I think I'm gonna head out for a bit, Michael will know where to find me" She smiled softly as she slid on her shoes still wearing the same outfit as yesterday.

She never realised how far away the cave was until she walked it, it took over an hour to get there but she knew she had to do it. Everyone was still asleep, so she had time to think of what to say, how was she going to explain to her big brother who she had just found again that she was leaving? How was she going to explain to David she didn't want this anymore? Is it possible to reject a mate? Cut off all ties completely? She had read it in so many fantasy books but that was the issue, it's all fantasy, but then again, she thought vampires were only fiction. She sat on the sofa waiting for the sun to go down, but David sensed her, he walked out of the deeper cave looking around to find his one true love, the girl he had wronged so many times and when he finally laid eyes on her small frame he couldn't help the warm feeling building up in his chest.
"Runa" He signed with so much relief it broke her heart, this was going to be harder than she thought.
"David" She said softly as she stood up, "I need to talk to you" He could tell by her tone that nothing she said was going to be good and suddenly that warm fuzzy feeling was replaced by hard rocks of worry and anxiety. He walked towards her till they was face to face, all he wanted to do was reach out and hold her but he knew deep down that was the last thing she wanted.
"What is it Petal?" He saw her eyes water up at the nickname as she sat back down trying to steady her breath.
"I'm leaving" She muttered softly, pained at the thought of it they both stood in silence. "Michael and I are leaving to start over".
He had never felt this kind of pain in his heart, he would rather go through the transition a thousand times over than ever feel this again.
"You can't leave" His tone half stern and half broken "I won't let you" His tone now filled with rage. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes as she chuckled to herself.
"You don't have a choice, I'm leaving tonight" She stood up, his figure still towering over her. "Do me a favour though please? Tell Dwayne for me, I couldn't myself" She whispered the last part as she turned to walk away.
A tight grip on her arm made her stop and turn to David but before she could register what was happening her body collided with the wall, the air was knocked out of her and she slid down the wall, looking over at David who still stood in the centre of the room. She looked at him in shock as the tears began to flow. He took a menacing step towards her but before he had the chance to come any closer Dwayne was in front of her. A snarl erupted from his chest warning David to back off and before she knew it her had picked her up and ran with her, in a flash she was outside the Emerson house where Michael was still sleeping peacefully, she looked at her big brother through the tears as he gave her a soft smile.
"Leave with Michael like you want, just don't forget me yeah?" A sob shook her body as she wrapped herself around him for the very last time. No one knows where they will go, or when they will be back, but as long as she had Michael they all knew it would be okay.

————————
Please don't forget to vote! It is so important for me to know whether I should continue these books or not!

I will also edit soon!

Thank you everyone for your support so far! X