He is in love.

***

Mysteries POV: (p.s) I've changed it to 1st person!)

I'm honestly pissed right now.

First Shadow-Hunter ACTUALLY tries to kill me. He was happy about it too!

It stung. A lot.

For years I thought we had something between us.

Other than the rivalry, of course.

I was so sure of it.

It was always the same. We hit around for a bit. Then I win and say something insulting. He breaks away and tells me he's coming back. I do an interview. Then repeat.

We never actually try to kill each other!

And to make it worse, I find my fiancé in the street soaking wet. And then he starts flirting with Mystery! I mean it's still me but...Ugh!

The voice in my head starts laughing at me.

I know, I know.

I'm a horrible person for dating somebody just because they remind me of somebody else!

I say the only thing that comes to mind, "I'm sure somebody as charming as you already have a girlfriend though, no?"

If he denies this, I'm gonna... I actually don't know what, but it won't be good!

"Good guess."

His eyes go dark as he starts to stare at me. The look is almost dreamy, as if he's in love.

I want to be upset that he is looking at me this way when he doesn't even know it's me, but it's impossible.

My mind isn't thinking about him either. It's thinking about Shadow-Hunter. The man I truly love.

I break out of my daze before he does, "I should be on my way. Goodnight citizen."

I use my built-in springs to jump onto an unlit roof.

Time to find Shadow-Hunter.

I need answers.

***

Elias's POV:

She jumps onto a roof and disappears. Once I hear her run off, I rip open my backpack.

Does she want Shadow-Hunter? Shadow-Hunter she will get.

>>>

Ugh! Where is she!?

I slide down another ally wall. If she doesn't show up soon, I may just give up and take a nice long bath at home.

My thoughts are quickly dismantled by her voice.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Mr. Desperate killer."

I spin around to see my beautiful enemy, "Well, I'll be danged. You really are a Mystery dear."

She scoffs and pushes against the wall, "You got sloppy. You should know it takes more than one lousy bullet to kill me, Hunt."

Fine if she wants to tease, I'll tease, "Hunt? We are making nicknames for each other now?"

"I got tired of saying Shadow-Hunter. So mellow dramatic if you ask me." She dusts of invisible dirt from her shoulder.

"Okay, 'Mystery'. I think I'll call you... Missy."

She scowls, so I chuckle.

"Why did you try to kill me?"

The question comes out so bluntly, that I don't think even she was ready for it.