♡ 2 ♡

Here you go with the second chapter!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Bondita sat in the middle of the bed, her heart-gripping fear and nervousness. She heard the door turn and lock and she knew he was here. She clutched the bed sheets tightly as Anirudh neared the bed. He sat in front of her and the room fell into an awkward silence. He slowly put his hand on her hand when Bondita pulled it with a gasp. Anirudh looked at her surprised and cleared his throat.

"You should change your clothes." He spoke getting up.

Bondita nodded and stood up.

"They told me that you have to drink the milk and then lift off my veil," Bondita said softly.

"They? Who?" Anirudh asked confused.

"The ladies" She replied.

Anirudh nodded and drank the milk, lifting off her veil. He sighed as he looked at her angelic face. She was looking purely gorgeous but something was missing. He frowned and tipped her chin up.

"Are you not happy with this marriage?" He asked.

Bondita's eyes became glossy breaking Anirudh's heart. She stepped back and ran to the washroom to change clothes. Bondita came out after wearing a light pink satin saree and saw Anirudh lying on the bed thinking something. He had already changed clothes. Must have been done when I was changing clothes.

"Where should I sleep?" Bondita asked fiddling with her saree.

Anirudh looked at her and patted the place beside him. Bondita looked at him uncomfortably.

"Bondita... I would never touch you without your permission. You can trust me" Anirudh sighed.

Bondita slowly walked towards the bed and sat there. Anirudh turned off the light and turned towards the other side. Bondita took a sigh of relief and lied on the bed turning in the opposite direction.

Baba, I won't marry him!

You have to.. he said he likes you, we can't say no!

Why? He was supposed to be Sampoorna didi's husband right? Then why am I marrying him? You promised you would never let me go.. you can't do this baba!

I don't have any other option Bondita.. your marriage is next week and you have to get ready for that.

The conversation repeated in Bondita's mind. How could her baba give her to someone as if she is a toy? She wasn't even asked if she likes him or not... if she wanted to marry him or not. She was just forcefully taken to the mandap and the rituals were done accordingly.

She glanced at Anirudh who was staring at her. As soon as his eyes met Bondita's he immediately looked away.

"Uhmm I was looking at the window" Anirudh tried to make an excuse.

"But there is no window this side." Bondita pointed out.

Anirudh bit his tongue in embarrassment and smiled weirdly. Bondita couldn't help but smile at his antics.

"You smile beautifully" Anirudh whispered.

Bondita quickly changed her smiling face into a poker one. I should not like him, I should not respond to him. I should not fall in love with him.

"Good night" She spoke and turned her back towards him.

"Huh?" Anirudh asked confused.

"I said good night" Bondita answered.

Pink Roses ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें