Suck on That Slytherin

Start from the beginning

The rest if the day was quite peaceful for (Y/N). Ron and Hermione had come to visit him. he even spent time chatting to Harry when Madam Pomfrey was distracted attending to other students. Hagrid even showed up. He was a terrible mess. He was even more upset then when he had to give up Norbert. He eventually calmed down when Harry had to yell at him reminding him that he wasn't at fault. Hagrid had brought gifts for them. He brought (Y/N) some beautiful tea made from various trees from the dark forest, it was just sweet enough. He had gotten Harry what seemed to be a book. It was full of old pictures, magical pictures. Hagrid turned to a specific page. Harry recognized who was in the photo, it was the same people in the mirror. It was his parents. Harry had the biggest smile in the world. He finally had a picture of his parents. They were smiling, they were happy, they were in love. Harry was speechless. He sat up and hugged Hagrid. "Thanks Hagrid, this is the best gift anyone's ever given me." Harry mumbled. Hagrid began to cry again, but this time he was too loud as Madam Pomfrey had heard the commotion, pushing him out.  

The next day both Harry and (Y/N) felt a lot better. They were keen to get out of Madam Pomfrey's care. It was the end of year feast that night, they certainly, wouldn't miss it for the world. So what if Slytherin would win, they could have one last meal with their friends before leaving for the summer holidays. The sun was setting, the boys anxiously complained to Madam Pomfrey that they were fine. They had held up byMadam Pomfrey's fussing about, insisting on giving them one last checkup. Finally they were free. (Y/N) unwrapped his bandages, there were no marks, scars or any blood. Perfect he thought as he joined Harry, running down the corridors to the Great Hall. As they turned the final corner, they could hear the roar of the many students eagerly chatting to one another. They were just in time. Harry and (Y/N) rushed in just before the doors were closed by Filch. (Y/N) stuck his tongue out as he ran by Filch, he definitely deserved it he thought to himself. As the two boys made their way walking to the Gryffindor table, the whole hall was suddenly filled with silence, all eyes on them. Not even one second later, people started talking loudly again, no doubt it was about Harry and (Y/N). Ron saw (Y/N) and Harry running, he bunched up making room for Harry while Hermione made room for (Y/N). The boys quickly sat into their seats, panting heavily as they were catching their breath. The magical quartet were back together again. 

(Y/N) looked up to the bewitched sky. It was decked out in the Slytherin colors of green and silver to celebrate Slytherin'swinning the house cup for the seventh year in a row. A huge banner showing the Slytherinserpent covered the wall behind the High Table. Dumbledore arrived only moments later. The babble died away. "Another year gone!" Dumbledore said with a cheerful roar. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were... you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts... Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with two hundred and sixty-two points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy-two." A storm of cheering and stamping broke out from the Slytherin table. (Y/N) could see Draco Malfoy banging his goblet on the table. It was a sickening sight. Gryffindor house fifty points felt a pit of guilt build in his stomach. He had been one of the reasons why not only Gryffindor had lost, but Slytherin had won. 

"Yes, Yes, well done, Slytherin," said Dumbledore. "However, recent events must be taken into account." The room went very quiet, all eyes glued to the headmaster. The Slytherins' smiles faded a little. "Ahem," said Dumbledore. "I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes... First, to Mr. Ronald Weasley... for courage and determination to the task at hand, I award Gryffindor house fifty points" Ron went purple in the face; he looked like a radish with a bad sunburn. Gryffindor cheers nearly raised the bewitched ceiling; the stars overhead seemed to quiver. Percy could be heard boasting to the other prefects about his younger brother's courageous actions. At last there was silence again. "Second,  to Miss Hermione Granger... for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor house fifty points." Hermione buried her face in her arms, (Y/N) strongly suspected she had burst into tears, (Y/N) comforted her, placing his hand on her shoulder. He was very proud of her. Gryffindor's up and down the table were beside themselves cheering loudly, they were a hundred points up. "Third, to Mister (Y/N) Phoenix for the best played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor house fifty points." The Gryffindor table erupted once more with a defining cheer. (Y/N) blushed in embarrassment, wishing the world would just swallow him up. "Fourth, to Mr. Harry Potter..." said Dumbledore. The room went deadly quiet. "... for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house sixty points." 

The noise was deafening. Those who could add up while yelling themselves hoarse knew that Gryffindor now had four hundred and seventy two points, exactly the same as Slytherin. They had tied for the house cup, if only Dumbledore had given Harry just one more point (Y/N) thought. Dumbledore raised his hand. The room gradually fell silent. "There are all kinds of courage," said Dumbledore, smiling. "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom." (Y/N) couldn't believe what he heard. They had won. So loud was the noise that erupted from the Gryffindor table some might well have thought some sort of explosion had taken place. (Y/N), Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood up to yell and cheer as Neville, white with shock, disappeared under a pile of people hugging him. He had never won so much as a point for Gryffindor before. (Y/N), still cheering, nudged Hermione in the ribs and pointed at Malfoy, who couldn't have looked more stunned and horrified if he'd just had the Body-Bind Curse put on him. "Which means," Dumbledore called over the storm of applause, for even Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were celebrating the downfall of Slytherin, "we need a little change of decoration." He clapped his hands. In an instant, the green hangings became scarlet and the silver became gold; the huge Slytherin serpent vanished and a towering Gryffindor lion took its place. Snape was shaking Professor McGonagall's hand, with a horrible, forced smile. 

It seemed as though life would be back to normal next year, or as normal as it ever was at Hogwarts. It was the best evening of (Y/N)'s life, better than playing a giant chess set, or Christmas, or saving your friend from a mountain troll... he would never, ever forget tonight.

(Y/N) had almost forgotten that the exam results were still to come, but come they did. To his  surprise, he passed with very good marks, looks like the the study sessions with Hermione paid off  he thought. He would have to continue them if he wanted to maintain them.  Harry and Ron passed with good marks, both were happily surprised with their marks. Hermione, of course, had the best grades of the first years. Even Neville scraped through, his good Herbology mark making up for his abysmal Potions one. Ron had hoped that Goyle, who was almost as stupid as he was mean, might be thrown out, but he had passed, too. It was a shame, but as Ron said, "you couldn't have everything in life"

A/N

Had a good weekend out of a long lockdown. Hope everyone else is doing ok out there. Hope you enjoy this chapter.  

- Sam.F