viii

I haven't received any calls nor messages from Ni-ki last night. I tried reaching out to him as well but nothing, he didn't pick his phone up. As soon as I got to school, the first thing I did was look for him. I wanted to clear things, it can't be like this forever.

As there was no sign of him when I arrived, I waited at his room for awhile thinking that maybe he's late, maybe he played too much games last night. I'm willing to wait for him, no matter how long it takes.

The bell soon rang and as much as I wanted to stay, I had no choice but to leave, I also have my own classes to attend. I went back and sat down with a sigh next to Soohee.

"Who put salt in your sugar today, darling?" Soohee asks.

"Ni-ki is avoiding me," I pout "not only that he was not picking up my calls, he also didn't tell me that he wouldn't be attending his class today."

She looked at me confused. "Oh, so he didn't tell you? Even Jay knows."

"About what?"

"He's sick. He has a fever."

"What? How? And why didn't he tell me?"

"I don't know." She shrugs. "I'll ask him later, or maybe you should."

"He's ignoring me, remember?"

"Right. Let's talk later." She smiles before facing the front.

The class started and I barely understood a thing. I tried to focus my attention on our teacher and what he was saying but it didn't help, it was like he was speaking gibberish. None of what he said made sense. What made it worse was that my thoughts were flooded by Ni-ki. Questions filled my mind. Like what is he doing? Has he taken his medicine yet? Who's taking care of him right now? Will he be fine all by himself? Did he-

"Kang Luna!"

My train of thoughts were broken by the echo of my teachers' voice, who was now staring at me. I fiddled with my fingers nervously as I realized that the whole class is now staring at me. This is embarassing.

"Ms. Kang, were you even listening?"

"Uh y-yes." I stuttered. I could feel my hands sweating at this point.

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow at me "well, could you please stand up and answer my questions."

I stood up, but my legs felt like jelly. Any moment now, I'm pretty sure I would fall. "Right so the umm..uhh..."

I looked down, not really knowing what to say. How was I supposed to answer a question I didn't even hear?

"You may sat down Ms. Kang." He sighs. "And pay attention to my class next time."

"Sorry." I muttered.

***

"I want to disappear." I whined as we walked towards the cafeteria. "That was embarassing!"

"Right?" Jay laughs in which I responded to with a glare.

"Haha, funny." I rolled my eyes.

"Nah, it was hilarious!" He says, still laughing. He got a bit loud to the point where the students passing by us were all throwing us weird stares. Great. Just Great.

"Okay stop that." Soohee says smacking Jay in the arm.

"Well that's one way to make him stop." I chuckled.

Soohe looks at me this time. "What were you thinking about anyway? He called your name  like, 5 times."

"Ni-ki. I just couldn't get him off my head." I answered honestly. There's no point in lying. They would just keep asking me the same question over and over again until I answer honestly, or until they get the answer that they want to hear.

"Oh right, about you and Ni-ki, didn't you go home with him last night? How come you had no idea that he was sick?" Jay asks as he puts his arm over Soohee's shoulder. He outs it down right away when she pinches his arm.

"We sort of had a fight? I guess. Leo took me to the bus stop." I pointed at Leo who was following behind. For some reason, he didn't want to walk beside us.

Soohee looked at Leo before getting close to me and whispered, "There's nothing going on between you two, right?"

"No!" I accidentally shouted. "I mean, ofcourse not. Plus, incase you forgot, I'm with Ni-ki already."

"Right, just making sure."

I felt a bit offended that she even thought about that even thought she knows I have a boyfriend. It gave off the impression that she didn't trust me, and I hate that. We had been friends for the longest time now. And I love Ni-ki, I wouldn't leave him for some guy who I just met.

Leo never spoke the whole time we were eating. When asked, he would nod, shake his head or shrug. Not one word left his mouth. I felt uncomfortable but eventually forgot about it because of Jay who kept on teasing me.

***

Class for today had ended. Today felt longer than usual. I felt so happy when we were finally done with everything, for the day, at least.

"Hey, where are you going?" Jay asks when I headed to a different direction from them. "I thought we were supposed to hang at my place today?"

"Yeah, but I better check up on Ni-ki first." I smiled.

"Do you even know the way?"

"No."

Jay laughs. "Come on, I'll ask dad to drive you there.

Soohee and Jay were teasing each other throughout the car ride. Jay's dad didn't seem to mind. I even catched him looked through the rear view mirror and smile.

"Hey, are you ok?" Leo asks.

"Yeah, how about you? You didn't talk until now."

"I didn't really feel like talking today." He smiles. "By the way, are you planning to keep my jacket? I mean I could give it to you for free."

"Oh right I totally forgot, I'm so-"

"I'm kidding." He laughs. "You can return it whenever you want, no pressure."

"Thank you." I smiled back.

It didn't take that long before we arrived at Ni-ki's house. I thanked Jay and his dad right before they left.

I stood infront of their house nervously. This is the first time I had been here. What scares me more is his parents, do they even know that their son has a girlfriend.

Well, this is it. I'm here now. I need to do something, right?