Chapter 11

The next day

It was time to say goodbye to the Yuriana royal family. Their visit wasn't long due to them still being very busy. It was sad for Asteria who didn't have many friends.

"It's so sad that you two have to go." Asteria said sadly. Arien and Argen nodded in agreement. "Yeah if only we could've spent more time together." Argen said.

Arien looked down with a slight pout. "Uhm...Ria, about yesterday-" Before Arien could finish her sentence Asteria interrupted her.

"May I ask if the two of you keep what happened yesterday a secret between us? I mean this problem will go away soon so it's okay." Asteria said with a smile on her face.

Arien and Argen looked at each other hesitantly. 'Should we?' Arien telepathically asked. Argen nodded. 'Yeah...I don't like what happened but she's just a kid. I mean so are we but...it's not like Asteria spent a lot of time with her half-sister much due to not being allowed to before..' Argen telepathically said.

Arien sighed. "Okay, I promise. This will be a secret for the three of us!!" Arien said with a smile on her face as she held out her pinky finger.

Argen had a small smile on his face as he too, held out his pinky finger. Asteria's eyes widened slightly before going back to normal. She let out a giggle before connecting her pinky with Arien and Argen's.

"I hope you all have a safe trip back to the Yuriana Empire. The Yuriana Empire or mainly it's Royal Family is always welcomed to the Obelian Empire." Asteria said to the Yuriana royal family.

The Yuriana Emperor nodded. "As to you. The Obelian Empire's Royal Family is always welcomed in the Yuriana Empire. Thank you for spending time with Arien and Argen during our visit here, Asteria." The Yuriana Emperor said.

Asteria nodded with a happy smile. "Of course!! Arien and Argen are always welcomed!! After all...The three of us are best friends!! There's no way I wouldn't want to spend time with them while they're visiting!" Asteria said happily.

And after that the royal family from the Yuriana Empire left.

___________________________________

"You're here." Claude said.

"Yes, your majesty. We met Sir Alpheus outside." Felix said.

"Mister Whitey!" Athanasia said cheerfully.

"Whitey?" Claude asked confusedly.

"Because he looks like a white doggy!!" Athanasia said.

Both Claude and Asteria were silent for a few seconds. Before Asteria hid behind Claude's chair and stifled her laughter. Claude too hid his laughter by covering his mouth.

"Quite fitting for a man, who like a dog won't ever stop barking or being a nuisance." Claude stated. Asteria giggled at her father's comment.

Claude then again like usual became quiet making the others confused. "You've become quite the nanny, I see." Claude said to Felix while smirking.

Felix being Felix took it as a compliment because it was from Claude. Athanasia stared at Felix in disbelief.

She then noticed Asteria who was peeking out from behind Claude's chair. As soon as the two of them made eye contact they looked the other way with dissatisfied facial expressions. Claude quickly caught on and frowned.

"What happened?" Claude asked sternly.

Felix and Athanasia flinched while Asteria stayed hiddened. "Ah...Well um, you see yesterday the princesses had a disagreement..so they're not on the best of terms right now.." Felix explained half-heartedly. Not saying the complete truth.

Claude nodded and flicked his hand forward from the side. Making all of them confused. Claude then sighed and pointed to where Asteria was, who now came out of hiding.

Claude affectionately stroked her head without saying anything. Asteria, who was a bit surprised, flinched. Athanasia who was watching felt a bit jealous at their relationship and how close the two of them were with each other.

"...Sorry for making a small commotion daddy..." Asteria said quietly. Claude grunted. Athanasia was going to come up now but then she went back to Felix and gave him her lollipop before going back to Claude and Asteria.

"Now that I think of it. I believe SIr Alpheus also has a boy around the same age as the princess. Wouldn't he be a good companion for the princess?" Felix asked.

Asteria stared at her younger half-sister face. She could tell that Athanasia was drooling from looking at Claude's chair which was made of gold. But she quickly changed her expression once Claude stared at her too.

"Is Athy going to have a new friend?" She asked cheerfully.

"...Just imagining more children running around the palace gives me nightmares already. I hate it when it's noisy." Claude said.

'Huk, I was careless! I should've said I didn't need any companions!' Athanasia thought.

"On top of that, A boy like Roger Alpheus..." Claude said. "Haha...that's a bit too far daddy..." Asteria said quietly.

While Athanasia was in deep thought Claude suddenly picked her up. "As I thought, heavy." Claude bluntly stated.

Asteria shook her head in disapproval. "That is a thing you should never say to a girl..." Asteria said while a bead of sweat ran down her face.

Claude simply ignored her comment towards what he had said earlier. The facial expression on Athanasia's face was quite amusing to Asteria.

She could see that Athanasia was desperately shocked and confused.

'What are you doing?! You don't usually act like this...!! Unless it's big sister Ria!!' Athanasia thought way too intensely.

Claude then moved a curtain, revealing a bed. And then setting Athanasia on it by herself.

"I've been bothered with noisy complaints since earlier today, It has made me tired." Claude said as he scooped Asteria into his arms and went back to the bed behind the throne.

'It's only Monday..' Athanasia thought while touching the pillows around her. 'Oh this is very soft. So this was behind the throne. Is this a place to rest? But it's in the Audience hall?' Athanasia thought.

But then Claude suddenly laid down with Asteria in his arms, making Athanasia jolt in surprise.

'This man, he's always so....immodest!! His clothes are open and he sleeps anywhere! Without any hesitation! And drags poor Asteria along too!!' Athanasia thought.

"That time, That song." Claude suddenly said. Surprising Athanasia. "Song?" Asteria asked confusedly.

Then she remembered that the two of them were talking while she was sleeping so she made a conclusion that it was about the song or whatever.

"You called it a song that chases away bad dreams." Claude said.

The longer Athanasia and Claude spoke to each other the more tired Asteria got until she finally fell asleep.

When Asteria fell asleep Athanasia fell into despair. The things that Claude said to make her sing such a simple song tortured her heart.

'If only she didn't fall asleep!! I could've been alive!! Gyaah!!' Athanasia exaggeratedly  thought.

A/n: Sorry I didn't post last weekend. Family came and visit while we also celebrated several birthdays. And like always thank you for all your supports and comments!! Also please do remember I do not proof read any of my chapters...

Word count: 1138