A Start of New Relationships Pt. 1

Harry walked downstairs after hearing his godfather's voice.

He entered the sitting room only to find Remus sitting on the couch across from Sirius.

"Hey Proffeser Lupin!" Harry said.

"I'm not your teacher anymore. You don't have to call me proffeser." Remus said.

"Right. Remus, nice shirt." Harry said, noticing the shirt.

Remus looked over at Sirius, who was smirking. "Yeah, lovely Christmas from Sirius, don't you think?" Remus said.

Harry smiled and went to sit down next to Sirius. "You hungry pup?" Sirius said.

Harry shrugged. "No, it's kind of early, I'll eat in a little bit."

"Yes. So, um, we were wondering, if you could answer a few questions about your rela- those despicable pigs you used to live with." Sirius asked.

"Yeah alright. Is this to press charges or..." Harry said.

"Yes, but we also want to know how you're doing." Remus said.

"Okay. Well um what do want to know?"

"We have a list right here, I'll right down your answers. How would you describe your relationship with your cousin?" Remus asked.

"He always called me names and threw rocks at me, mostly. He would bully anyone who would try to be my friend. He beat me up a lot, though." Harry said.

"And what did your aunt do about this?" asked Sirius. 

"If we were in public, she would tell him to stop and if we were at home, I mean, uh, at their house, she would just ignore him, even when stomped on my stomach." Harry said again.

"And what was your uncle doing while this happened?" Sirius asked, wrapping his arm around Harry.

"He would either be holding me down or 'showing Dudley how to do it right'."said Harry.

"Alright, Harry. Can you tell me about your relationship with your aunt?" Remus said from across the couch.

"Uh, she fed me every once in a while. She gave me medicine and stuff. She mostly just turned the other way and ignored me. When I was younger, she would be secretly nice to me after I was beat and stuff." Said Harry.

"How so?" Sirius asked.

"She gave me one of Dudley's teddies once. And she let me out of the cupboard and gave me an actual bath plus she rescued me once." Harry said.

"So you didn't have any toys besides a hand me down teddy? And what's this about a cupboard? What do you mean 'actual bath'? How did she rescue you, exactly?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah I only had the teddy until I turned 8, then I got a few toy soldiers. The cupboard was kinda my room until I turned 11. And anytime I got clean when I was younger, it was with the hose or in the bath, but the water would be either 40 or -10 degrees. They got Dudley an above ground pool one summer and Uncle held me under until my aunt pulled me up and took me to the hospital." Harry said casually.

"I'll be right back, Harry, Remus." Sirius said running up stairs.

Harry and Remus stared at each other until they heard a string of swear words come from upstairs.

Harry pressed his lips together to stop laughing and Remus walked over to Harry and put his hands over Harry's ears.

Suddenly, Sirius walked back down, looking flushed.

"So you heard that?" Sirius said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Harry stifled a laugh and Remus sat back down across the couch and muttered yes.