Chapter 4 : Disquietude

Start from the beginning

kang taehyun:

ah, maybe later.

i have a class right now.

—:

ill walk you there!!

kang taehyun:

oh, no, it’s okay.

you don’t have to do that.

—:

might as well tell me where u are because i’m already leaving my dorm

kang taehyun:

really? hyung, you seriously don’t have to.

—:

):

kang taehyun:

alright alright

ill send my location.

—:

see you :>

     Beomgyu met Taehyun halfway to his class, keen to catch up before he’d advance. It was easy to spot the head of red hair in the distance, finding it familiar to do so.

     When he approached him, Taehyun had given him the small keychain as soon as he was stood in front of him, professedly embarrassed by the exchange. He brushed it off as a humble gift which didn’t mean much, oblivious of the way Beomgyu took it excitedly.

     Beomgyu pocketed the keychain for safekeeping. He noticed Taehyun had kept his strawberry one on his backpack zipper.

     The small action stirred at something inside of him.

     “You have your camera?” Beomgyu remarked as they strolled along the sidewalk.

     “Oh, yeah,” Taehyun marveled, touching the camera hung around his neck, “my professor is going to give us a concept at the end of the class. After that, I’ll wander around a bit to find some inspiration.”

     Beomgyu nodded, “That’s nice. What kind is it?”

     Taehyun grinned at the question, holding up the device proudly. “A Canon EOS 5DS.”

     “Don’t know what that is but it seems high quality,” Beomgyu snickered, lost at the twisted name for the camera. “Sounds expensive, too.”

     “It is,” Taehyun ridiculed. Beomgyu took notice in how he handled it with such care, something about his touch was delicate and Beomgyu could tell it held a lot more meaning than it lets on. He looked at it with a solemn smile, clearly initiating some positive memories. It meant a lot to Taehyun. “I would’ve never been able to afford it, though. Someone gifted it to me.”

     Beomgyu hummed, “Can I see some of your work?”

     Taehyun’s eyes widen at the request, sparkling with a type of astonishment. “Uh, yeah, sure,” he nodded eagerly, slipping the camera’s strap off from around his neck. He opened the diminutive device hastily as he balanced his books in his other hand. His fingers moved swiftly across the multiple buttons, comfortable and relaxed.

     He handed it to Beomgyu smoothly as they walked, one of his pictures already displayed on the small screen. The older held the device securely in fear of possibly dropping it and damaging the prized possession.

     “These aren’t edited so they aren’t at their best,” Taehyun was prompt to explain, voice audibly timid as Beomgyu flipped through the myriad of pictures.