Chapter 4 : Disquietude

Beomgyu was stuck.

     Even though Soobin had seemingly influenced him to abandon the thought, he wouldn’t let it leave his mind. The restless curiosity of what Taehyun might’ve wanted from him lingered in his mind throughout the entire day. It shouldn’t have bothered him to the point of agitation, but he couldn’t control his concern.

     He believed that maybe Taehyun would ultimately text him and let him know, yet nothing came. Nothing was sent to reassure him nor put rest to his racing mind.

     It gave him a sparse feeling of déjà vu. A complete repeat of the time he’d waited so diligently for Taehyun to text him only to receive nothing in the end.

     Why it racked at his spirit, he didn’t know. He thought he was just eager to complete the bet, seeing as his time was rapidly ticking. Eager to prove he was capable of redeeming himself.

     It definitely tainted his confidence.

     He couldn’t exactly blame Taehyun, though. The boy appeared notably busy, especially as he was balancing both his majors. On top of that, he missed quite the workload. Beomgyu wasn’t sure if he would’ve succeeded through that.

     Still, it irked him. Was he wasting his time on a lost cause?

     He waited until two days later to text him first. Beomgyu told himself he wouldn't, but the curiosity was eating him up from the inside, pushing him to simply settle it and let it rest. He only had one class later that day and he needed something to distract himself from the constant pestering of his mind.

     Surprisingly, Taehyun responded faster than he’d awaited.

—:

hey, taehyun!!

you came by the music department a few days ago and hueningkai told me you were looking for me?

i was just wondering why ahaha

kang taheyun:

i did?

ahh, yeah, i did.

it’s nothing important don’t worry about it.

—:

well now i’m just curious >:

what was it?

kang taehyun:

it’s really nothing important, hyung.

really silly, too.

—:

come onnn

pleaseee tell me

taehyunnniieee ):

kang taehyun:

okay, okay.

uh

i just bought you a small keychain.

i felt kind of bad for ditching you so suddenly so i bought it later on and wanted to give it to you.

it’s a rice ball kind of keychain, you know?

🍙

yeah, looks a bit like that one.

i don’t know why, but it reminded me of you.

—:

oh

that’s so cute !!

can we meet so i can take it? ><