Part 27

Steve and I walked along the beach, the sun had begun to set and I felt myself thinking back to where this all started. I never thought that fighting Tony Stark would lead me to this.

Lead me to Steve Rogers.

I looked up at Steve and he looked down at me the orange glow of the sunset shining on his face.

"We should head back" Steve sighed.

"Yeah" I replied.

But neither of us headed back, we kept on walking along the beach.

Over the past year this had become a habit. Steve and I would simply just walk grateful to be in eachothers company. Some days we would talk non stop and others day we would walk in silence. Never an awkward silence it was a comfortable one.

"You know when I when I came out of the ice I never thought I'd want this" Steve mused.

"Wanted what?" I asked softly.

"This what we have, I always never thought that I'd find someone" Steve said softly.

"I honestly didn't think I'd find anyone either Steve, I thought I'd spend the rest of my life as a vigilante" I said.

"I guess we were both caught off guard" Steve said.

"I'm glad I was" I replied.

Steve smiled and bent down placing a quick kiss on my lips.

"I love you Y/n" Steve said softly.

"I love you too" I said smiling.

We then headed back to the motel room, hand in hand. We entered the motel room to see Natasha and Sam huddled around the TV worried expression on his face.

"What's going on?" Steve asked with worry.

"Come see for yourself" Natasha said.

"We come to you with breaking news, there has been an alien invasion of some sort in Manhattan" The news reporter read out.

"Shit" Steve breathed out.

Then Tony Stark's image appeared on the screen the word missing in large letters across the bottom.

"This is what Tony warned us about" Natasha sighed.

"We can't just stand back" Sam said.

"We'll go get Wanda and Vision, they might be going for Vision's mind stone" Steve said walking off.

"So this is the end of our vacation" Sam sighed.

"I don't think you can count 3 years on the run as criminals as a vacation Sam" Natasha said.

I headed off into me and Steve's room grabbing out my suit.

"It's been a while huh" Steve said looking at his own suit which was spread across the bed.

"It has" I said.

We both got changed into our suits and looked in the mirror.

"Oh how I've missed you in that suit" I said with a smirk.

"We'll have some fun in it later" Steve whispered with a smirk.

"Naughty boy" I teased.

We headed out to the lounge were Sam and Nat were suited up.

"Let's go" Steve said.

We all nodded in agreement and headed outside the motel not caring if people saw us in our suits. I don't think Ross's main priority right now would be to arrest us. He is petty but I don't think he's that bad.

We entered the quinjet Sam climbing into the pilots seat rubbing his hands together.

"It's been a while since I've got to fly you" Sam said running his hand along the dashboard.

"Sam" Steve said tapping his watch.

"Oh right" He said.

Sam quickly took off the jet towards Scotland where Wanda was. She'd made a deal with Ross so she could stay in Scotland. Vision would come and visit occasionally, the two were an odd but sweet couple.

I went to sit next to Steve who was sitting at the back of the jet.

"I guess I'm fighting Aliens again" Steve sighed.

"Everything will be fine" I said grabbing his hand.

"I don't know I just have a bad feeling" Steve sighed.

"After this I'm sure Ross will pardon us, then we can be free" I said to Steve trying to lighten the mood.

"Where would we go?" Steve asked.

"Brooklyn, home" I said.

"Anywhere with you is home" Steve said.

I gave him a sad smile and let forward capturing his lips in a needy kiss. Neither one of us wanting to pull away.

Eventually we pulled away the need for air being to great. I rested my forehead on his and gave Steve a sad smile which he returned.