Part 24

Christmas Eve came extremely fast. During that time Steve and I had grown closer, we hadn't put a label on our relationship but we both knew that we didn't want to be with anyone else.

"You have never watched Home alone?" I asked in shock.

"No I have not" Steve shook his head.

My legs were spread across his lap as we sat on the couch.

"Not having seen Home Alone is a crime Steve" I said pointing a finger at me.

"Well I'm sorry I was born in the 1910s Y/n ya know we didn't have a TV" Steve teased.

"Well sorry grandpa" I teased.

"Hey" Steve complained hitting my leg making me laugh.

"But no you are going to watch home alone" I said.

"Fine, fine" Steve said in defeat.

I removed my legs off of Steve's lap and stood up walking over to get Natasha's laptop. I placed the laptop on the table and began playing the movie, thankful that I had made Natasha download it onto her laptop yesterday.

She mainly just had Monty python movies on her computer which she liked to recite all the words to.

I sat next to Steve and he brought me up onto his lap resting his head on my shoulder as we watched the movie.

His arms wrapping around my waist holding me flush against his body as we sat underneath the thin blanket.

I heard Steve laugh at the movie and a smile erupted on my face.

"Ok maybe this is a good movie" Steve admitted.

"Maybe, maybe. This is an amazing movie" I said.

"Ok, but you have to admit it's a little unrealistic. Like this kid is what seven and setting this intricate traps" Steve said.

"Don't question it Steve that's the joy of these kinds of movies. You just go along with it" I chuckled.

"It still annoys me" He muttered.

I laughed and turned my head to peck his cheek.

"I know love" I replied.

"I love it when you call me that" Steve whispered.

"I know" I replied.

We continued watching the movie and at one point I must've fallen asleep because the next morning I woke up next to Steve. His arms were wrapped around me and my head was resting on his bare chest.

I slowly ran my fingers up his abdomen feeling his muscles tense underneath my touch.

"Good morning" Steve mumbled his voice husky.

"Good morning to you too" I replied.

"Merry Christmas" Steve said softly.

"Merry Christmas" I replied with a smile lifting my head up to place a kiss on Steve's lips.

He smiled and kissed back his hands moving up and down my waist. Steve stood up out of bed and handed me his hoodie to put on.

"It looks better on you," Steve said sheepishly as I got dressed.

I could feel myself blush as I slipped Steve's hoodie over my shirt, his smell taking over my nose. He smelt like cheap cologne as that was the only thing we could really get around here but I didn't mind it. It smelt of him and that's all that I cared about.

I got out of bed and immediately felt cold wanting to dive back under the blankets with Steve. Despite desperately wanting to I didn't I followed Steve out into the lounge where Sam was making hot chocolate.

"Here you go," Sam said handing me a cup.

"Thanks" I replied.

I knew how difficult this was for Sam but also how difficult it was for me to have to spend Christmas away from our family. Even Steve and Nat would've spent Christmas with family, the Avengers were a family. I picked up the burner phone and sent a message to Peter.

Hey Pete, Merry Christmas. I love you.

I hit send and put the phone away.

"It's snowing," Steve said looking outside.

I turned my head out the window to see snow falling down onto the street below covering the road and sidewalk with a blanket of white.

"We should have a snow fight" Sam smirked.

"Oh hell yeah," I said.

"Seriously you two are like actual children," Natasha said.

"Your just scared because we would absolutely destroy you in a snow fight," Sam said.

"Nope he's the only child here" I teased causing Sam to roll his eyes.

"C'mon we might as well have some fun," I said.

Natasha let out a sigh letting me know that she agreed with me. Steve simply just smiled.

"Well come on then Samuel you are on" I shouted rushing outside with Sam chasing behind me.