Till Death Do We Part

Start from the beginning

Walking towards her had never felt so thrilling, in a way. Time seemed to have slowed as i held out my hand to greet her. She placed her soft hand in mine and i led her up the rest of the aisle.

"You look...so beautiful." I told her quietly as we took our place by the alter. Jace held a cushion, as did Izzy. Rena took the bracelet that was on Jace's cushion and put it on my right wrist. Then, i took the golden necklace from Izzy's cushion and placed it around Rena's neck. I couldn't stop smiling.

"It is time for Alec Lightwood and Verena Fairchild to mark each other with the Wedded Union rune." Silent Brother Jeremiah said. "A rune on the hand, a rune on the heart. A union is born."

{sorry if i get the next bit wrong but it's fine}

Verena grabbed the stele provided and held my wrist. She was about to draw the rune when the doors slammed open. Turning to the side a little, we saw Magnus standing there, staring.

I saw him purse his lips and i heard Verena chuckle.

"I am...so sorry for interrupting. I didn't mean to be late." Magnus was quick to take his seat near Clary and Simon. The room erupted into light laughter before it quietened down.

"Please, continue." Silent Brother Jeremiah asked and with a chuckle, we both nodded. Verena drew a rune on my wrist, and i did the same for her. Then, i drew the marriage rune about where her heart should be.

Rena unbuttoned my shirt, made sure i wasn't facing the crowd, before she giggled.

"Can't have anyone gawking at you." She whispered, laughing softly as she drew the same rune above where my heart should be. I just smiled lovingly at her.

"Now, if you say your vows." The Silent Brother said, and i took in a sharp breath.

"Verena...the love i hold for you is the type of love that has no bounds. In your times of joy, your times of sadness, your times of sickness and your health, i will always love you as my equal. I swear to always protect you above all else. I shall share with you all my truest feelings and when you speak, i shall always listen. I promise to catch you when you fall and when you soar, i will help you to reach all your greatest heights. I am, and forever i will always be, your loving husband." I saw the slight tears that welled in Rena's eyes, and one fell. Raising my thumb, i softly wiped it away.

"Alec...i love you, and my love which i hold has no bounds. In the times of your joy, sadness, sickness and your health, i will always love you as my equal. I swear, until my dying breath, i will always protect you above all else. I will share my truest emotions and my truest thoughts with you and when you shall speak, i will always listen. I promise to catch you when you fall and when you shall soar, i will help you reach your greatest heights. I am, and forever i shall be, your loving wife." With nothing else to be said, i wrapped an arms around Rena's waist and pulled her close to me. The feeling of her lips moving with mine was exillerating. The taste of her cherry lip balm, the smell of her vanilla and strawberry perfume, and the soft feeling of her lips was all that i could acknowledge. Not the people in those pues awing and clapping. Not the loving stare my parents held towards us.

It was just me and Rena. There, together. She was my wife, and i was her husband.

Once we pulled apart, we looked out to all the guests that stood and clapped for us. My mother and my father smiled at me and Rena before they left. I knew they most likely had a lot of work to do, but couldn't they stay a little longer?