07. the grab&bag ending

chapter seven
the grab&bag ending

        HOLLAND WATCHED SIMON bottles of pills from the pharmacy section of Grab&Bag, the store he worked at

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

HOLLAND WATCHED SIMON bottles of pills from the pharmacy section of Grab&Bag, the store he worked at. "A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a certain substance." He dropped everything on the counter. "He was dead for two minutes. But. . . drumroll, Holly." Holland sighed and drumrolled against the counter. "We got him back!"

"Kate," Deena spoke, earning the girl's attention. "It's time for your close-up."

The girl nodded and took a deep breath before beginning to pile the pills while Simon explained. "You need to take these in order. Pile one takes the edge off. You're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn." Kate poured out more pills. "Pile two is gonna bring your core temp way down. You may feel slightly sick. Now, you need to take a five-minute interval between pile two and pile three. That's really important, okay? Pile three is what brings you down and out, so you gotta take that take five or else it's all gonna go to shit!"

Kate pulled out EpiPens. "How many of these do we have?"

"Tons," Simon answered. "Like a thousand."

Deena's eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Wait, EpiPens?"

"Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline," Simon handed the girls the EpiPens. "This is what brings her back! This is Jesus!"

They all lined up so they could be used as bait to distract the killers. Sam sliced her palm open again and dipped two fingers in the blood, marking X's on Kate, Simon, and Holland's chest.

Sam grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her hand. "You guys remember half an hour ago when you wanted to murder me." She chuckled dryly. "You don't have to do this. You can leave."

"Remember when you decided to sacrifice yourself for us?" Kate questioned lightly. "We're ending this together."

Simon placed a hand on Sam's shoulder. "Die well, my friend." He gave Sam a small smile and turned to Josh. "You got back door patrol." Before walking away, he faced Holland again.

She gripped his face. "Don't die on me, Dipshit. I need you to stay fucking alive."

"When this is all over and our lives go back to normal, I'm taking you out on a date," Simon whispered, pressing his lips against hers.