𝟎𝟑 | a part of us.

AFTER BELLAMY HAD TO PULL JESSIE AWAY FROM MURPHY, he took her into the dropship and she didn't come back out until the others returned from their journey

AFTER BELLAMY HAD TO PULL JESSIE AWAY FROM MURPHY, he took her into the dropship and she didn't come back out until the others returned from their journey. when the brunette saw her best friend was wounded, she made sure to tend to her and never leave her side.

jessie was laying up against a fallen tree log next to octavia, the two of them not too far from the dropship. as people passed her they gave the brunette glances, and she was getting tired of it, as she knew it was because of the events from last night.

one boy began walking past jessie, and looked at her with a judgemental face. the seventeen year old groaned with irritation, and picked up a rock not too far from her reach, her patience was wearing thin. she launched the rock at the teenage boy, hitting him in the shoulder. "what?!" she scolded him, "you think i'm crazy?"

the boy rubbed his shoulder from the spiking pain, giving jessie one last look before walking off in a quick manner, as if he were afraid being near her for one more second would cause another rock to be launched at him.

octavia snorted at her best friend's action, "really, jess? you think maybe you could be a bit more nicer to people?"

jessie only shrugged as she leaned back down against the bark, "and how would that benefit me?"

"um—maybe so i'm not the only friend you have?"

"i don't need anymore best friends if i have you." the brunette replied, giving octavia a quick smile, and she meant it. octavia was really the only true friend she needed, if she were to loose her, she didn't know what she'd do.

octavia chuckled at her best friend's response, before looking away, "i can't believe you and i managed to become friends. the two of us out of all people."

jessie began fanning herself from the heat, it was rather humid that day and shockingly warm, considering how cold and rainy it was last night. "it seems we have a connection." she bumped shoulders with octavia, "you and i."

"you got that right." octavia replied, pausing for a brief moment, "why did you punch murphy?"

jessie rolled her eyes at the mention of the boy, this was the last thing she wanted to think about, "does it matter?"

octavia laughed, "yes, it matters. bellamy said he'd never seen that side of you before."

jessie just shrugged, "i guess we all have a certain part of ourselves we don't know about yet."

"yeah well i didn't expect murphy of all people to bring that out of you." octavia expressed out of concern for her best friend, "you're strong, jess, don't let assholes like him bring out a side of you like that."

jessie gave her best friend a small smile, finding it sweet octavia had said that, "yeah, but i have a feeling that side of me is gonna be coming out a lot while we're down here."