06. a day with dodo

perhaps taeil would rather not eat, but with doyoung just being there, it made him feel bad for that urge and so, he ate the breakfast doyoung had brought for him.

"eating is important," doyoung started as he watched the other eat, as if he was scolding a child. "you can't just go around and skip all three meals like that."

"hm," taeil manages to force himself to eat one last bite for doyoung's sake.

doyoung is quick to catch how he suddenly left the rest of the remaining eggs alone and reaches out a hand to grab taeil's chopsticks just before he can put them down. he then picks up a small piece of the egg and holds it up to taeil's mouth.

"eat," he says simply, his smile returning — it's an encouraging one. taeil hesitates but sucks it up and eats it. he keeps doing it until the of rest meal is long gone and class had already been started a few minutes ago. but doyoung doesn't seem to have any intention of leaving his flat anytime soon.

"i ate ice cream yesterday," taeil brings up as that extremely recent memory comes to mind as doyoung starts discussing ideas for what they could get for lunch.

"and nothing else," doyoung concludes. "ice cream isn't a proper meal. anyways, there's this sandwich place i really like."

"oh," taeil mumbled.

"i reckon you'll like it," doyoung went on. his gaze then softens at taeil's sad look. "listen, i'm skipping school for you. let's make this worthwhile."

"oh wait! you are skipping school! you shouldn't be because of me," taeil bursts out.

"oh, don't take the moral high ground," doyoung says jokingly. "so are you."

"i called in sick today, so not technically," taeil says before realisation hits him. "well, i skipped yesterday — "

"exactly my point," doyoung just beams even brighter. "now, what do you do here? like, video games, reading...."

"i watch movies and listen to music," taeil mutters.

"that's fun," doyoung says eagerly. "what about... drawing?"

"i'm not an artist," taeil reminds him. "you are."

"i can teach you," doyoung says happily.

taeil gives in as his frown changes into a weak smile. "oh, alright."

"okay, we need paper," doyoung claps his hands together. "where — ?"

"on my desk," taeil said. "in my bedroom."

"alright!" doyoung got to his feet and moved away from the small dining table. he walks past the small living room area and finds two doors. he peeks through the only one that was just barely open and came upon his intended destination — taeil's bedroom.

it wasn't "out there" in a sense. it was just like any other bedroom. his bed wasn't made, but his desk was well organised, complete with a closed laptop, a collection of notebooks placed in a small box along with a huge, white binder, and a stack of song lyrics.

doyoung opened the pencil box and found that clean and organised too. he honestly envied taeil on that aspect — he was a neat, orderly person. he couldn't find sheets of paper, so he settled on ripping two pieces out of one of taeil's many coloured notebooks and grabbed two pencils for the both of them.

then, he returned to the kitchen and dining area, placing one one sheet of lined paper in front of taeil along with a yellow number two pencil.

"so," doyoung says cheerfully as he sits down again. "what can you draw?"

moony ; doil  [ ✓ ]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें