POKÉMON! I CHOOSE YOU!

(Y/N) Ketchum, professional fire-type and fighting-type pokémon trainer, two time champion of the Pokémon Indigo League, and rival of Red and Blue.

The Indigo League champ was currently riding shotgun in Professor Oak's car, which was on its way to Pallet Town.

"Your mother is going to be so happy that you're coming home (Y/N)." The old professor said, taking a turning from Viridian City to Route 1.

"I know, she doesn't know that I'm coming back though." The young teen responded while looking out into the starry sky. "I bet Ash is still up right now, probably watching previous League matches." He said while thinking of his younger brother.

"I'm just wondering why you haven't gone to a different region yet." Oak pondered while speeding up the vehicle. "Why did you just stick to the Kanto region? Why not go worldwide?" He asked.

"Well... I never wanted to stray too far from home. I don't want to spoil all the fun for Ash. I mean, the more I know about everywhere... The less exciting it is for anyone travelling with me." He answered honestly, pressing the window's controls idly.

Oak kept driving, thinking upon the response. "I see... You want to travel with Ash and see the wonder on his face, while feeling your own wonder." The man spoke, admiration filling his vocals.

The rest of the drive was silent, with only the sound of the engine disturbing the silence of the night.

The two arrived in Pallet Town at roughly eleven at night, the pair stepped out of the car and went their separate ways. (Y/N) walked towards his mother's house, which had most of the lights on, the pokémon champion snuck around the house and found Ash's bedroom with the lights still on, the sound of the Indigo League fanfare loud and proud even through the double glazing. The league champion knocked on the window a couple times to get his brother's attention, which worked.

Ash opened the window, his black messy hair flowing in the nightly breeze. "Hello? Who's there?" He asked carefully, on edge from the sudden knocking.

(Y/N) popped his head up to be at eye level with his brother. "Shh." He whispered, placing his index finger over his mouth. "Mom doesn't know I'm back." He continued.

Ash could barely hold back his excitement as he helped his older brother through the window. "(Y/N), haha!" He exclaimed, unable to contain his excitement.

(Y/N) covered Ash's mouth with his gloved hand. "Shut up Ash, I'm planning on surprising mom, ya dingus." He whispered aggressively. "I'm happy to see you too, but please, keep quiet for now, okay?" He requested quietly.

Ash nodded a couple times. "Mhm." He said through the hand covering his mouth, (Y/N) took away his hand and Ash began speaking once more. "So... how long are you staying?" He asked, his voice as quiet as can be.

(Y/N) sighed, he didn't want to answer, but he knew he had to. "Only a couple days. I'm staying until you go out on your pokémon journey." He answered. "Unless you don't want me to go with you that's also fi-." The league champion was cut off by a tight hug.

"Of course I'd want you to travel with me." He blurted out quietly and quickly. "You could help me out on my journeys."

(Y/N) smiled, before picking his brother up and onto his shoulders. "Awesome! It's decided then. You, me and whichever pokémon we choose against the world!" He said, ignoring his own warnings about being quiet.

Ash and (Y/N) began laughing, the joy of being reunited again being too much to keep quiet about. Their mother just outside the room, smiling, knowing that her eldest baby boy was home.

Ash finally calmed down from being on his older brother's shoulders and was placed into bed. "Alright, alright. I'll go to sleep, happy now?" He asked, his head on his pillow.