Jay smiled and took her hand. "And I want you to know that when you need me, daddy is always here." She smiled. "And when you get older and you start to take interest in boys-" Melodi's face scrunched up.

"That won't happen, Levi, Vann and you are the only boys I need daddy."

Jay kissed her forehead. "I love you princess." He whispered.

"I love you too daddy." She whispered back.

The words echoed like a promise in the back of Jay's mind as he looked away.

"I'm coming princess, daddy's coming."

__________________________

Ethan was rolled into a room, "Well at least this room isn't white." His wolf said. He took in the tan walls, the dark wooden floors, and the bed that stood out in the room, it was a twin bed, he looked up at the camera that was hidden in the bookcase. "We want our patients to feel welcome and comfortable." Ethan winced at the words "patients" and slowly wheeled into the room.

He heard Melodi's mom talking to the doctor and zoned out. Cecelia put his bags down and started to put his clothes in the closet. He looked at the box that he brought with him on the plane, the day that he and Melodi came here. He reached for it an opened it.

The fist thing inside was a picture of Melodi. She was smiling, with his favorite cap on her head. School was out for teachers planning day, so they just lazed around the house. She ended up falling asleep with the cap on.

He picked it up and looked at the next on his eyes landed on. It was the day he had gotten his SpongeBob plushy. She won it at the school carnival, the week after she shifted and became a hybrid. She wanted Ethan to have SpongeBob. "Since we all know you liked that kiss between you and SpongeBob."

He smiled softly and looked up to the sound of his name. Kara walked towards him and kissed his forehead, as if he was her own. "Visiting hours are a little off here, so we have to go, but we will be here first thing in the morning."

Ethan looked into her eyes. The same eyes that Melodi has, and nodded. Cecelia kissed Ethan's cheek. "I will be with her, and I promise, Melodi will turn up." Cecelia made a promise to Melodi, she wouldn't tell anyone about that conversation that they had.

But as she looked back at Ethan, who was torn, broken, and bruised, looking at the pictures in the boxes as if he will find Melodi in there, she began to question herself.

__________________________

Caleb was nearing the warehouse. "Take care of him, he will need you." He stopped, and looked around. He kept walking, still not getting a scent, but suddenly feeing as if something thing was....off about the area around him. He listened to the crunching of the leaves on the ground, until, he didn't hear it.

He looked down.

And dropped to his knees.

He reached toward the ground and picked up the strange cloth, something was wrapped around it. When he realized what it was, tears flooded his eyes. A bloody ring. Melodi's. He held it close to him and cried.

He screamed her name, he screamed it until the words were raw in his throat. He smelled him. Her father. But it didn't stop him. It only made him cry harder. "Please, please Moon Goddess, Please don't do this."

But as the bloody ring slipped from his fingers, and into her fathers. He came to one conclusion. He was going to find Melodi.

And bring her back.

Caleb and Jay looked up to the sky as the wind suddenly began to blow.
__________________________

Ethan looked out the window, and saw the wind blowing, he wheeled himself to the window and opened it.

__________________________

As Kara and Cecelia drive to the house, Kara suddenly rolled the windows down.

__________________________

And they all heard her voice.

"I'm not gonna let anyone die anymore, I'll protect you."
__________________________

Well, this was an intense chapter.

That is all I have to say.

Because it all I can say.

And why am I writing like this?

Anyway,
love ya,
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo