10. I'll fix this

Derek-

"I need to be alone. Get out."

Those two words hit me like a kick to the stomach. I've gone and fucked up yet again the only good thing in my life.

I turn around to the window and glance back at Stiles once more before I crouch out onto his roof. He's starting to cry, and it takes everything in me to keep going and leave him alone.

I sit with my back against the outside of his wall out of sight as he shuts the window.

The sound of his crying completely breaks my heart. I feel numb as I drop down off of his roof and start walking without any thought of a destination.

I hadn't meant for what I said to come out like it did. All I meant by it was that if they knew I was involved with someone, they would think I was unfocused and unfit to lead with such a huge part of my mind elsewhere.

That I was weaker because I had something that could be used against me so potently as Stiles could.

In absolutely no way did I mean that Stiles was an embarrassment or a burden, because he is the complete opposite of that to me.

He focuses me, gives me a whole new perspective on things. He makes me a better person. I would have told him that if he had let me stay, but I know him enough to know that he wasn't going to listen to anything I could have said right then.

I close my eyes and stop as the familiar sound of dead leaves and cracking twigs from the woods reaches my ears. I'm going to fix this.

I'm going to prove to him exactly how much he means to me.

If only I had any idea how off the top of my head.

I start running back to my loft, letting all of my anger and sadness out with every leap into the dark streets ahead and slowly forming a plan with the crushed look on Stiles' face as my motivation.