Lian An nodded, straightened his clothes, and solemnly walked into the study.

Inside the study, Feng Yuzhen sat behind a big desk casually, reading a book. When he heard Lian An’s greeting, he just waved his hand casually and said, “Minister Lian, please have a seat!”

The book was placed on the desk, revealing Feng Yuzhen’s handsome face. He said with a faint smile, “Minister Lian, have you brought the design drawing of my courtyard?”

Lian An, who had just sat down, immediately stood up and respectfully took out the design drawing from his arms. Then he handed it over with both hands and said, “Your Highness, please take a careful look.”

This was the drawing done by the Ministry of Works and the Imperial Household Department according to the necessary rules. The construction of the bridal chamber was based on this. Feng Yuzhen was a prince, and he was going to marry a princess. The original scale was already the highest. He could add something on this basis as long as it was not taboo.

Feng Yuzhen took the drawing and laid it flat on the table. After looking at it carefully, he suddenly pointed to a position and said with a frown, “Minister Lian, isn’t this place a little too crowded? If you expand it over there and build a lake, the whole layout will be wider and more reasonable.”

Lian An looked at the place that Feng Yuzhen pointed out and thought for a while. Then, he lowered his head and replied, “Your Highness, the size of this place was determined by the Imperial Household Department. I have no right to change it. If you are not satisfied with it, you can ask the people from the Imperial Household Department to come and discuss it.”

That was what the Imperial Household Department was in charge of. As a member of the royal family, one must not exceed the specifications. With Feng Yuzhen’s status, even if he was going to marry a princess, his house couldn’t go beyond the established limits. The Ministry of Works just needed to build it according to the scope. As long as it didn’t violate the rules, he could plant and build anything he wanted.

However, the ground that Feng Yuzhen was pointing at just now was far beyond the area that the Imperial Household Department had determined!

“Imperial Household Department, that’s really troublesome. I heard that the people of the Imperial Household Department have left, leaving everything to Minister Lian. Isn’t it the same as looking for you, Minister Lian?” Feng Yuzhen knocked lightly on the table and looked at Lian An with a half smile.

“I don’t dare. I’m just a subordinate of the Ministry of Works. I don’t dare to interfere in this kind of thing.” If Lian An were still the minister of the Ministry of Works, he might intervene and deal with it. At that time, he had a high rank, and the people of the Imperial Household Department were also willing to take his bribes. But now, things were different. Even his previous subordinates could trample on him and make fun of him for making a mistake because of women.

The reason why he was still able to work in the Ministry of Works was that he was familiar with the work and was willing to deal with concrete matters relating to work. Otherwise, he would have been demoted to another place long ago!

Feng Yuzhen smiled slightly and leaned back. He looked at Lian An with sharp eyes and asked meaningfully, “Minister Lian, you’re a capable man. Are you going to be a small subordinate of the Ministry of Works for the rest of your life who never has a chance to stand up again?”

Given Lian An’s situation that he had something to do with a consort in the palace, which was dishonorable, the rest of his life had been ruined even if there was no evidence. It was impossible for him to be put in an important position again, unless…