Chapter 4

The team zoomed through the sky, their radar closing in on the large mansion below. Numbuh 1 turned to his team with determination. They all froze in their positions awaiting their orders, weapons at the ready.

"Okay team, we parachute down to the roof and split into two groups. Numbuhs' 2 and 5, you will enter though a window at the back of the house and dismantle the security system to track where Jacey is, if she's still has the hidden tracker, she should be easy to locate. Numbuhs' 3 and 4, you're with me, we'll wait for 2 and 5's signal and make our way in through the front and start the mission objective. We'll re-group and take Jacey into custody, leave the other enemies for now, she's a priority." Number 

The all nodded, but he sighed, giving them the impression that he hadn't finished yet. They waited. The boy re-adjusted his shades and pulled at the collar of his jumper. Noticing the still focussed attention he was getting, he cleared his throat and turned away. He continued.

"Just keep in mind team, this is not a search and rescue. This is a search and arrest. Treat it as such."

Numbuh 3 flinched at the harshness of his words. She understood that Jacey was a 'bad-guy' now, but she had been so nice, and she was part of his family. Now that, she couldn't understand, being so cold towards family. It was different with Numbuh 5 and Cree, which had been built up over years, but this... this was so sudden.

"C'mon!" Numbuh 4 cried, tossing a parachute in her direction, "Let's show this cruddy teen whose boss!"

Numbuh 2 switched the hovering vehicle into auto-pilot, keeping it suspended in place and hoisted his parachute over his shoulders, "I hope they don't mind us 'dropping in' like this!"

Numbuh 5 face-palmed and dragged the heavy door open, letting the wind send her plat slithering snake-like behind her. She grabbed Numbuh 2 by the wrist and jumped, pulling him out into the open sky. The others watched as the plummeted towards the ground before releasing the large shower curtains that had been fashioned into parachutes. The two maneuvered through the air and landed gracefully on the roof of the large, gaunt mansion below. Or rather, Abby landed gracefully, Hoagie however skidded a good few feet and tumbled into a forward-roll, the sheet covering him like a shroud.

 Numbuh 5 rolled her eyes and hoisted him to his feet and detached their parachutes. She removed the grappling hook made from a hosepipe tube and the prongs of a garden rake from her waist and attached it to the drainpipe, using the rope to smoothly glide downwards and through window that had carelessly been left open. Numbuh 2 gulped and clenched his eyes shut, following her moves exactly.

Back in the ship, the rest of the team waited. Within minutes, their communicators started flashing, the signal. Their leader nodded determinedly and leapt from the ship, the small boy and the tall girl in close pursuit. Numbuh 3 spread her arms out in glee, giggling at the sensation of flying. They each pulled the strings and released the parachutes. While Kuki giggled louder, Numbuh 4 gritted his teeth and squirmed at the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

They landed on the roof and without hesitation, they threw their sheets to the side and sprinted to the front of the house, attaching a grappling hook of their own and lowering down into the house. Once again, a window that had been left unlocked. Numbuh 1 chewed at the inside of his cheek, were his enemies really that careless? Nevertheless, the entered and stalked their way down the corridor and ducked into a large room that was flooded with darkness. From what they could tell, it was a ballroom of some sorts. By the looks of things, it was empty.

"Numbuh 2 and 5, where are your positions?" Numbuh 1 whispered into his communicator.

There was a pause before the connection was made to the smooth voice of Abby, "Security room, we're tracking Jacey's whereabouts now. But, Numbuh 1, Numbuh 5 don't like this one bit. It's like it's too easy."