"I never knew you were such a diligent worker." The deep voice startled you from the silence you had grown familiar with since the beginning of your study session. Frightened, you flinched in your seat, eyes forced upwards to the direction of where the voice had come from. It did not take long, as you easily met the gaze of the boy opposite you.

His hair was combed back and tied into one of the tiniest ponytails you had ever seen, a few strands breaking free from the hairtie to effortlessly frame his face. The second you made eye contact with him, the corners of his lips quirked upwards into a boyish smile, one that you were beginning to believe was a key personality trait for all of the it boys of your University. It appeared that this guy was not the type to dress down — his outfit was packed with chains and dark washed denim, topped off with a silver ring that was situated on his bottom lip.

Park Sunghoon? In a library? You never thought that you would be one to witness that sight.

If you could confirm one thing about this guy, is that he definitely looked good in anything.

"God, you scared me." You breathed, your hand leaping up resting over your heart. "Since when did you get here?"

"I was here before you came, Areum-ah." He chuckled. "You were the one that sat in-front of me first."

"What?! No." You scoffed, folding your arms over your chest. "I would have noticed that you were sitting there. Don't make me doubt my own memory."

"And make me doubt mine? I clearly remember watching you walk in and sitting down across from me. I even greeted you, but you didn't reply. It was as if something had possessed you—it beats me why you were like that, but just know that I was super hurt that I got no reply for my greeting." Sunghoon faked a pout, matching your body language and crossing his arms himself. For a moment, his intimidating facade cracked, allowing you to see a soft side of him you had never expected.

"Oh. My bad, then." You apologised, fiddling with a highlighter in your other hand. "What are you here for?"

"To study, of course. Just like you." He replied coolly. "An Architecture major's always got to put in the work, after all."

Oh, right. You remembered overhearing a group of girls gushing over Sunghoon's intelligence when it came to his department. Rumours claimed that he was the star of his major, always earning compliments from his professors, never getting less than a 90% on his exams and graded projects. You were amazed at the proof of his work ethic, as you glanced down to find that his own workspace was untidy. A huge poster was rolled out on the surface, where numerous sketches had been drawn on and rubbed out. There were traces of smudges in some corners, and his eraser looked worn out as numerous rubber shavings dispersed on the table's surface.

If only you could be as motivated as he is, and as balanced to get outstanding grades whilst partying on every weekend without fail.

Park Sunghoon was the blueprint for the expectation of a University student, indeed.

"You think I am a diligent worker? Look at you. What you're doing is incomparable to what I'm doing — I was basically just reading the same paragraph over and over again, trying to make sense of it." You complimented, gazing in awe at his sketches.

"Thank you." He laughed, eyes forming into crescents. "You okay though? You don't—excuse me if I offend you—but you look really tired." He continued, resting his head on his palm as concern took over his face. Despite his sharp features, an unfamiliar softness resided in his gaze, matched with a much calmer smile that rested upon his lips.