Chapter 18: The School Festival

Your POV

We were sat in the lounge, talking about our festival thing. Apparently, Shoto suggested we do a concert. Now we were just deciding roles. Bakugou was on drums, he was surprisingly good. Denki and Tokoyami were on guitar, Jirou was on base, Momo was on keyboard. All that was left were singers. Kirishima tried it and he was okay I guess, but not great. Then Jirou tried it and oh my god is her voice like an angel. We all decided on her, but then Bakugou said, "Wait, Ears is already on something, why not have Freezer burn sing?"

I blushed as all eyes turned to me. "Uh-well you see... I mean I'm an okay singer I guess, but Jirou is so much better. Besides, we need something to light Aoyama's disco ball." I said sheepishly.

"We'll be the judge of that. Sing something." Mina said to me.

I looked around the room frantically before taking a deep breath. "Wh-what should I sing?" I asked.

"What about that stupid song you were singing last night?" Bakugou snarled.

"What? You heard that!" I exclaimed. 

"It's not my fault you were singing so loud, it was hard not to hear it!" he yelled back.

I looked down. Jirou smiled and said, "You don't have to sing all of it, just sing the chorus." 

I smiled back and began singing. 

"If I was dying on my knees, you would be the one to rescue me

And if you were drowned at sea, I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe

I've got you brother

I've got you brother"

I looked back up and saw the class gaping at me. Shoto asked, "Is... is that?"

I nodded and kept looking around, before everyone swarmed me. "Oh my god you are so good!" Mina exclaimed.

Jirou was beaming and said, "You know, harmonies always make songs sound better. Why don't we sing together?" 

I smiled and said, "Sure!"

Time skip

During practice one day, Eri showed up to the dorm. Midoriya, Mirio and I all took a break and showed her around. We sat down in the cafeteria and began talking. Mirio and Midoriya got lost in their own conversation and Eri asked me, "Okami?"

I looked down and said, "Yeah Eri?" 

"What's that thing around your neck?" she asked.

I looked down and saw my locket. "It's a locket." I replied.

"A locket?" Eri asked.

"It's like a necklace but it opens up and will often have pictures inside," I explained.

"It opens?" Eri asked.

I nodded and opened up my locket. It showed the picture Touya and I took on my fifth birthday along with the message that he left me. "Who's that?" Eri asked.

"That's my older brother Touya." I said happily.

"But I thought you already had a brother?" Eri said confused.

I chuckled and said, "I have three brothers and a sister. Touya, Fuyumi, Natsuo, and Shoto."

"Is Touya also a hero?" Eri asked.

My breath hitched. I shook my head slowly and hung my head a bit and Eri began to cry. "What's wrong Eri?" I asked. 

"I'm sorry. I made you sad. If I didn't ask so many questions you wouldn't be sad." she cried.

My heart melted and I pulled Eri into a hug. "It's okay Eri. You didn't make me sad. See? I'm happy." I said, giving her a soft smile.

Eri wiped her tears and Midoriya mentioned the concert. "Perform?" Eri asked.

"Yeah, Deku's going to dance and I'm going to sing!" I said happily, still trying to raise Eri's spirits.

We later had to go and continue practicing. Later, we were finally ready and it was time to perform the festival. "Wait. Where's Midoriya?" Shoto asked.

"He went out to the store to buy new rope." someone explained. 

'Izuku Midoriya you better get back here in time.' I thought to myself.

About two minutes before the performance, Midoriya showed up. We began. Jirou and I sang our hearts out as everyone danced and enjoyed the hell out of our show. 

Bakugou's POV

During the song I felt my heart beat out of my chest. I had heard Y/n sing during music practice, but there was something about this that was different. It's like she put her heart and soul into it. My lips curled up into a smile as Y/n sang a solo toward the end (the part where it goes kind of quiet and they showed Jirou's backstory, yeah you had a solo there). I've never felt this way in my life. My heart danced to the melody she sang, ignoring the beat I was creating with my drums. Was I... falling in love?

Dabi's POV

I was scrolling through YouTube on my phone and saw a video about a concert Class 1-A put on. I watched the video and was surprised to see Y/n as one of the singers. It was beautiful, it reminds me of mom's singing. Mom... I haven't seen her in so long... I hope she's okay... The camera zoomed in on Y/n while she sang a solo, and the look on her face made a smile etch its way to my face. She was beaming. She put her heart into that. "Good job sis." I muttered quietly.

Your POV

After the performance, Eri and Mirio came up to us, only Eri had the biggest smile on her face. It was so precious. She began rambling about how great the show was and I felt tears prick at my eyes as she geeked out about it. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." I said quietly.

Not me who cries every time I watch Hero Too because of Eri's beautiful smile

Midoriya and I spent the rest of the day with Eri and Mirio, and it was so much fun. The smile on Eri's cute little face gave me the biggest serotonin boost. Then, at the end of it Midoriya gave her a candied apple, topping off the best day of this little girl's life.