Chapter 7: Picking Names

Dabi's POV

I watched the Sports Festival. Y/n did well. I smiled at the thought of her. She is the only person in this world I remotely care about, and yet she thinks I'm dead. Tragic, I know. Anyway, she got third place and Shoto got second. I'm still mad that the only reason Y/n got a lower place than Shoto is because she faced that Bakugou kid before him. She lost her chance to shine because of timing, and I know Endeavor is blaming it all on the strength of her quirk. The thought makes me grit my teeth. Even after I left I knew Y/n was still there, in that hell. I always felt as though I should go back for her, but something always stopped me.

Would she even recognize me?

Would she be mad at me for leaving?

Whatever the case, she probably would be mad at me, so I haven't tried to contact her.

I miss her though, she's the only person who understood. Natsu didn't understand how I felt that night. The only reason I didn't try to wake her up is because she was five. I was the big brother, I was supposed to be strong for her. I couldn't show weakness to my baby sister who could barely even count to 100. Unlike my father, I could actually tell what a literal child is actually mentally and physically capable of handling.

... what would she think of me now? I haven't exactly been a good person for the entire time that I've been 'dead'. I hope that she remembers only the good memories of me, and that she will never see this side of me.

Your POV

We were picking hero names in class and while a lot of people were struggling, mine was a no brainer.

Flash back

"Touya!" I yelled, running to him as fast as my tiny legs could take me.

He was doubled over on the floor coughing. His skin was smoking, it was obvious he was hurt. He looked at me and said, "Y/n?" 

I knelt beside him and said, "You're hurt!" 

He pushed me off and said, "I'm fine."

He tried to get up, but he fell back down, groaning from the pain. I gasped and backed away. I ran off and found Natsu. "Natsu! Touya's hurt! We need to help him!" I shouted, tears in my eyes.

Natsu grabbed a first aid kit, picked me up, and ran to the training room. Once there, Natsu set me down and ran to Touya. He used his ice quirk to help dull the pain of Touya's burns and then wrapped his injuries with bandages. "Thanks Natsu." Touya said.

He then looked to me and said, "And you, Y/n. You helped a ton."

"I'm glad you're okay." I said.

Touya chuckled and said, "You know, that kind of compassion really makes you sound like a hero."

My eyes sparkled, "You mean it?" I asked.

He nodded and said, "As a matter of fact, let's make you a hero name so you can sound like one even more."

End of Flashback

I walked to the front of the room and said, "Okami."

Midnight gasped and said, "So beautiful, the name of an ice dragon!"

The class beamed at me, looks like I chose a good name. I looked at Shoto and he looked confused, but happy nonetheless. Bakugou looked... weird? His face was red for some reason. I asked Yumi about why people's faces get red sometimes and she said that it was either that they were hot or flustered. Why would he be flustered though? He must be hot, it is pretty warm in here right now.

Bakugou's POV

"Okami." she said.

'That name... it's so... beautiful... It also suggests the strength that she has... it's... perfect.

She's perfect... What a badass.'

Your POV

We went through the names, and Shoto's was... a thing. It's literally just his name. But, then again, he never wanted to be a hero for himself in the first place. It's always either been forced on him or he's doing it to get back at Father. But, he has had a change of heart recently, and is pursuing being a hero for himself now, which I'm glad. 

Bakugou's was... also a thing. He chose very odd names. 'King Explosion Murder and Lord Explosion Murder.' 

Obviously, both were rejected. Right now it's just his name because of it.

But that's got me wondering, what would Touya have picked as a hero name? 

Oh yeah. He used to call himself something all the time whenever we played heroes and villains.

What was it again?

Dabi's POV

Damn it... I have to come up with a name now. This stupid stylist won't take me in to dye my hair if I don't give him a name. I used to just use my name, but now that everything is online, he'll be able to see that I'm legally dead. So now, I'm in some crooked place that makes fake ID's and identities. I grasped at anything to call myself. But what to do? 

.

.

.

Y/n flashed to mind. 

Flashback

"Not so fast, hero!" Natsu shouted at me. 

We were playing heroes and villains. I was the hero, Natsu was the villain, and Y/n was the damsel in distress. 

"The young Y/n is mine. With her quirk, I'll be unstoppable!" Natsu yelled, pointing a paper towel roll sword at me.

I pointed my paper towel roll sword at him and said, "Over my dead body, villain! Y/n is coming with me!"

"Pro hero, Dromanabi! (Not me making up words) I'm sorry to tell you, but she's mine!"

We clashed our swords together, and I eventually won the fight by making him fall onto a pile of pillows. I walked over to Y/n and she said, "Yay! You saved me! Pro hero Dr- Dro- Do- Da-"

She struggled with the name. I guess it makes sense, she was only four. "It's okay, you don't have to-" I was about to tell her she didn't have to say it, but then she said, "Dabi!"

Natsu laughed, "Alright then, I guess you're Dabi now."

I smiled a bit and said, "Ugh, fine."

End of Flashback

"Dabi? I guess that's an alright name." I said quietly to myself.

"Alright then, I'm Dabi."