1 - a van and a sword

Gift for Tay for Sinister Santa!

Also doubles as a gift for scrambled.eggs <3 ty for helping me out with this idea!

Also, happy B-Day, Curry! And Happy Halloween ^_^

-

When Ranboo suddenly poofed into existence, he didn't know what to make of the tiny gray van that stood above him, towering over even his tall stance. It was certainly peculiar, for lack of better phrasing. He was... confused at the even taller Blackstone walls, looming over him with a judgemental gaze.

He stood up, gazing upon the expanse of buildings and trees and a pretty lake that-

"BOO!"

He jumped, turning around to see two giggling boys standing behind him. Ranboo opened his mouth and closed it, struggling for words.

"Uh... hi?"

"Who're you?" The brown-haired boy walked towards him, his ocean blue eyes peering curiously at his multi-colored eyes.

"Err..." Ranboo trailed off. "Honestly? I don't even know myself."

The two boys looked at each other, eyebrows raised. After a moment of pure silence, save the sound of water splashing against the shore, the blonde-haired boy spoke.

"Maybe you can join L'manberg?" he said L'manberg with a proud voice. "You just suddenly popped out of nowhere! Now, I'm not very superstitious-"

"-but I think that's a sign," the brown-haired boy finished. The two friends grinned at each other.

"Well..." Ranboo couldn't help but melt into the warmth and ease the two friends brought. "Do I need any requirements?"

"Are you British?" the blonde-haired boy asked.

Ranboo shook his head. The two looked at each other. Ranboo fidgeted. What if the first people he met became his enemies? They seemed like nice people... He would love to learn more about them!

"I'm sure Wilbur wouldn't mind..." the brown-haired boy gave him a wide smile, though the blond shook his head violently, trying to interrupt, but he continued. "What's your name, anyway?"

And so, they made their introductions. The blonde-haired boy was Tommy, though Ranboo thought he looked more like a Chad or a Jared, based on his looks. The brown-haired boy was Tubbo, which was a weird name, but Ranboo took it -- after all, his name wasn't that normal either. Who named their kid Ranboo?

But that's when he realized.

Who named their kid Ranboo?

He thought and he thought, but nothing came into his memory. Who were his parents? How did he just end up under a van, with no recollection of his past? Where even was he?

Never mind, Ranboo thought, pushing the thoughts away. He focused on the two friends before him, who were now busy trying to make an Iron sword to no avail. He watched as Tommy bashed the Iron ingots together, his eyes furrowed, trying to make the parts connect into a blade. Tubbo commented constantly, leaning over Tommy's shoulder and saying:

"No, no, no! I think that ingot is supposed to go first!"

"Does it even matter?" Tommy replied, annoyed.

"I don't know! OH! I know, put the stick on the top, like a hat!"

"What?" 

"We'll make a hat-sword!"

"That's... not how it works."

Ranboo chuckled under his breath, walking over to the duo. "Uh... I think you put the stick underneath the iron."

"That's bulls***!" Tubbo complained as Tommy moved the stick back to the bottom.

"No, it's not! I would have finished it if you hadn't told me to make a hat!"

Tommy continued to struggle, a piece of wood slipping down the crafting table and clattering to the floor. He groaned.

"YOU do it, then, if you're so smart!"

"Fine!" Tubbo pushed Tommy away from the crafting table and started shuffling the items to make a... boat? Honestly, Ranboo had no idea what he was trying to do.

"That's not even close!" Tommy complained as Tubbo finished, a shield forming in his hands.

"YOU'RE not even close!"

"What does that even mean?!"

"What does YOU mean?"

"That's not even the correct grammar!"

"I don't care!"

The half-enderman tried to hold back his laughter. "Let me try."

The duo handed him another batch of Iron and sticks, huffing. 

Ranboo arranged the iron ingots above the sticks, concentrating.

"That's wrong!" Tubbo complained, reaching down on the crafting table again.

And at that moment, it happened.

As their fingers brushed together, the sword came into being, shining in the sunlight, brighter than any sword Ranboo had ever... remembered seeing. Both Tommy and Tubbo gasped, their eyes trained on the blade in awe. Ranboo picked it up, letting the sunlight shimmer up and down the iron blade.

"That's so..." Tommy said breathlessly. "That's so... f***ing... COOL!"

Tubbo still stared at the sword -- or was he staring at Ranboo's hand?

They stood in silence, staring at the sword for another two seconds before Tommy giggled.

"Alright, I already have the anvil!"

Ranboo put the sword down on his lap. "Wait, what?"

"You're gonna name it, innit?" Tommy pulled out a heavy anvil and set it to the floor. 

"I..." Ranboo paused, looking down at the sword on his lap. "I don't have enough experience."

The two gasped. "You don't?!"

Ranboo immediately felt very stupid. He averted his eyes from their gaze. "Well... I just came into existence."

"Oh. Happy birthday!" Tubbo cried out. Tommy gave him a sideways glance.

"Well, you have to have some!" Tommy said, grabbing Ranboo's arm violently. "Come on, let's go!"

-

Okay how am I supposed to do "mostly crack with a lil angst" I tried and I have a feeling it turned out to be cringy ;-; (also isn't this TECHNICALLY fluff not crack I know -- but I have some... questionable stuff planned for future chapters, so I guess that fills the quota.)

Gonna have approximately 6 chapters which I will write... one day.