"You're not wrong..." Tanizaki hummed,

"Anyways, Ku-ni-ki-da~" Shika poked the said male, holding up a page from yesterday's newspaper, "what on earth are you doing here?" She showed Kunikida a picture of him banging against a glass wall, three dying men behind it.

"Kunikida, Atsushi and I were supposed to investigate a series of disappearances, but it turned out that the culprit was our taxi driver, and now the newspapers somehow made us look bad because we couldn't save everyone..." Junichiro explained briefly,

"Aha...well that sucks!" Shika said,

"Excuse me, Ranpo still hasn't picked up his phone," one of the agency secretaries informed, her fingers turning white against the edges of the phone.

"Well that's unfortunate. Time to get to work then, so enough chit-chat everyone, we've been dawdling around long enough. Now that Dazai's up to date with the situation, we must move onto our next problem, and it is one of utmost urgency."

~

"So basically, we have until sundown to find and disarm a bomb left by the Azure messenger?" Shika repeated, summing up what she'd just heard.

"Yes. I'll read the message that was left behind," Kunikida looked down to his tablet, "Greetings, I hope your agency is faring well. Forgive my insolence, but I have placed a bomb able to cause mass destruction in a certain location here in Yokohama district. To ensure public safety, I request that you locate and defuse the bomb at your earliest convenience. You have until sundown. I have faith in your abilities. Respectfully, the Azure Messenger."

"Who could the Azure Messenger be?" Fukuzawa asked,

"We have no idea yet," Kunikida stated,

"So it's all rigged so that if the bomb detonates, news of the Agency's failure will spread like wildfire," Yosano clarified, "the Agency can withstand sticks and stones, but this type of attack would severely debilitate us."

"Since yesterday, the office staff have been searching for plausible locations, but there are too many possibilities,"

"And we're still unable to reach Ranpo, right?" Kenji lifted his hand,

"It seems the case in Kyuushuu is coming to a head. I've requested he contact us as soon as the criminal is caught, but..."

"Any other intel from the taxi driver?" The President spoke,

"He denies any knowledge of the bomb. He wouldn't have the guts to blow up Yokohama itself,"

"Listen up!" The president called out" "this case is a dastardly act using intel to attack the Armed Detective Agency. We have two objectives; unveil the Azure Messenger, the instigator, and defuse the bomb. The bomb takes priority, due to its time-limited nature. If we fail to find the bomb and lives are lost, we may no longer call ourselves a detective agency. Think of this mission as a struggle for the Agency's existence and pride."

~

"Oh, Kunikida, is this your new girlfriend-- ouch!" Shika squealed out, shielding herself from Kunikida's vengeful strikes aimed for her head.

"This lady is one of the victims we managed to save yesterday, you suicidal idiot."

"Ehh," She hummed, a mischievous smile appearing on her lips, "so, are you single, Miss?"

The lady smiled at Shika with a little surprise, "Please, call me Sasaki. And yes, we broke up recently..."

"Aha! That's why, Kunikida, I say go for it!" She cheered,